Ch1: The first sight

Edited: 23rd June 2019

Starlight's pov

I walked along the streets of Crocus with Gajeel, Lily and Phoenix as the soft breeze blew my bangs into my face. We had just gotten back from our 3-month training journey 3 days ago and Gajeel was in fairy tail's second team which had gotten 2nd place in the sky Labyrinth. We were now heading for the arena where we would meet with the rest of the team.

"I'm so excited to see you in the games, Gajeel" I cheered. He looked at me with his crimson eyes. "Yeah I'm sure you'll win" my exceed Phoenix added.

Phoenix wore a purple kimono with gold straps and a gold obi/sash. She was a bright red exceed with yellow paws, ears and tail tip with a wooden bow that had 7 names carved onto it, including Gajeel's, Lily's and mine. She also had a quiver with her arrows in it on her back.

"Of course you are, I would feel the same if you were competing" Gajeel smirked, patting his hand on my messy hair.

***

We had finally got to the arena where Laxus, Mirajane, Juvia and Jellal who was posing as Mystogan were waiting. "Good luck guys. I'll be cheering you on from the stands" I encouraged, Lily and Phoenix positioned at my feet.

"Thanks Starlight" Mira thanked with her usual soft and sweet smile. I returned her smile although it wasn't as good as hers, it resembled Gajeel's. "We'll win for fairy tail" Juvia cheered, holding her hands in front of her. I looked at my brother while he put his hand on my head and ruffled up my hair. "And if our team wins, we'll let you help us with the reward" he advised with a grin while still messing up my hair. The others nodded in agreement except Jellal.

"Thanks. You guys are great friends" I replied as Gajeel went back to the others. "We'd better go to the stands" Lily interrupted the conversation while I started to nod. "Well you'd better go but don't forget that if one of us can't compete then you will be taking our place" Laxus reminded me before waving us off with the others.

We waved in return and walked off to the stands. "There are just two more teams that made it through the preliminary round!!!" the announcer shouted through his mic as my ears picked up a bit of static from the mic

I listened in to the crowd and heard lots of confused murmurs coming from people that were in the audience. "Here we go! The team who came in 2nd place in the preliminaries... Well now... This is unexpected!!!" the announcer shouted before going a little bit quieter. Phoenix and Lily flew with their wings to where our guild was cheering and I followed.

"Could the flapping of their fallen wings really carry them all the way here?!! Its the least expected... The unbelievable..." the announcer shouted, starting to get even louder which was starting to hurt my ears. When I got close to the front of the stand, I heard Natsu shout "NO WAY!!" "FAIRY TAIL B TEAM!!! " the announcer yelled so loud that I'm pretty sure he caused my eardrums to explode.

I looked down to see Natsu doing a hilarious face. "WHAAAAAAAAT?!" Gray, Natsu and Elfman shouted in unison "SIS!!??/GAJEEL!!!/JUVIA!!!!!" Lucy then followed up. "Wait, what about Laxus?!" the crowd started to mumble about the guild when I reached the front of the booth. "Hey Levy" I laughed while doing the grin that only Gajeel and I could do. "Oh, hi Starlight" Levy greeted with a bit of shock after turning to see me.

Phoenix and Lily leaped up onto the wall next to Happy who was still processing what was going on. Master Mavis started talking about how Jellal wasn't a member of our guild which made the 6th master panic and start apologising to Mavis but was surprised when she told him it was alright. "Now, for the last team that made it through the preliminary round..." the crowd went crazy with shouts and screams and I guessed straight away who this was the moment the announcer shouted the first words. "That's right! You all know who they are!!!