Chapter 2: accidental marking

Edited: 28th June 2019

Starlight's pov

The main event finished as I watched Grey walk off angry with himself for losing. I flicked my eyyes down at my feet, understanding his anger. "I hope Gray is ok" I sighed still not making eye contact. "I'm sure he's fine" Levy assured, smiling at me. I couldn't help but think about that guy from Sabertooth. I swear I've seen those eyes before but I just couldn't place it.

The only time I recoil seeing someone with blood red eyes was when I was at that party which was also a job that I was backup in with Phoenix while Salamander, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy and Elfman were the frontal assault.

"Now for the battle portion of the day" the announcer shouted. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard him say this and I began to feel intrigued about who was going to be fighting. "The first battle is Lucy Heartfillia of Fairy Tail Team A vs Flare Corona of Raven Tail" the announcer shouted through his mic. "Raven Tail" I growled. Phoenix looked up at me "Can we not trust them?" she asked. I just nodded, remembering how Ivan had tried to fuel my hatred towards Gajeel back when I was mad at him so that he could have a dragon slayer in his guild.

The battle had started and Lucy opened Taurus's gate. I watched, not to bothered even though the battle had just started. I just wanted Lucy to win. "Scorpio" Lucy shouted, opening another gate. "Wicked" Scorpio yelled before sending out a tornado of sand which Taurus used his axe to do a unison raid with, sending it at Flare. Flare then attacked using her hair making a giant wolf out of it. Lucy opened a gate to Cancer. He proceeded to cut the raven tail girl's hair.

Flare got super mad and proceeded to placed her hair underground, sending it over to Lucy as it grabbed her ankles and sent her flying into the ground. Lucy followed by taking out her whip and grabbed onto Flare's wrist as they were both thrown into the air.

Once they had both landed, I saw Lucy stand up and take her boots off. Flare was very angry about this and sent her hair into the ground while Lucy looked around for where it would come up. She then looked over at the stands before getting thrown down by Flare's hair. I didn't pick up what she said but my nose started to catch a new scent around the stands.

I pushed myself up fully from leaning on the wall before looking around for where the smell was coming from. "What's wrong Starlight?" Levy asked, looking at me confused. "There's a new smell that I don't trust" I growled, still looking around.

Lucy was getting beaten up like crazy now from what I caught from the corner of my eye. "Come on Lucy. Fight back" I whispered to myself. Suddenly Flare put some of her hair over Lucy's mouth then grabbed her wrist's and ankles holding her in the air.

While the others were watching and I was still searching for the source of the smell, Natsu came running over. He grabbed a strand of hair that was next to Asuka and burned it. "Lucy!!! Now's your chance!!!" he yelled at Lucy as she broke free.

I walked over to the wall again but I was angry with myself for not noticing that Flare's hair was there. I started to take my anger out on the wall in front of me, gripping onto it with so much force that it was starting to crack. 

Rogue's pov

I watched the Fairy Tail stand as Gajeel's sister broke a little of the wall from frustration. That's when the girl on the battlefield summoned a spirt which changed into her in a bath towel which caused many to have nosebleed's including members of fairy tail, two of which looked like old men hoowever Gajeel's sister just clubbed them in the face while shouting "perverts" that's when the girl used an attack but it failed causing fairy tail to lose the match while Gajeel's sister was still breaking the wall in frustration but this time the three cats and the bluenette saw and were shocked at what was going on.

***

The games had finished and during our battle, Orga won in one blow which wasn't really surprising but then he tried to sing and I was resisting not covering my ears.

We were heading out of the stands, but I wanted to hang back and clear my head of the girl that kept distracting me so I stopped walking as Sting turned around to see why I stopped. "Aren't you coming Rogue?" he asked me. I shook my head. "No. I want to clear my head. Just.... Some things are distracting me and I need to clear those thoughts from my head" I added to my previous action.  "Alright..... just don't do anything stupid" he stated to me before walking away. I just rolled my eyes.

Starlight's pov

Levy, Gajeel, Lily, Phoenix and I were walking away from the stands. "Hey Gajeel, I'm gonna stay here and train for a while" I stated. He shrugged. I crossing my arms before  walking into the stadium waving goodbye to them. "We'll come back in an hour" Gajeel called. "No need. I'll be fine" I yelled back.

I stood in the middle of the arena, practising fighting without magic. Suddenly I froze. Something or someone had come up behind me and was moving their fingers through my hair while their other hand was on my neck. I gulped in fear as to what was going on and who they were.

I sniffed the air around this person, catching their scent but I couldn't recall smelling their scent before but I swear I recognized it but I couldn't tell where from. Suddenly my body stiffened when I felt the person's breath on my ear. I tried to move out of their grasp but they still had one hand on my neck so if I moved then I might end up hurting myself or they could hurt me.

Suddenly the person bit on to my neck and I felt a jolt of pain run up through my nerves. I gritted my teeth to stop the pain from getting to me too much. The moment the pain started to go away was when the person let go off me.

I turned around but saw nothing behind me as though the person just disappeared into thin air. My eyes started to become heavy and I slowly gave in to the sudden need for sleep, letting myself fall to the floor unconscious.

*A few minutes earlier*

Rogue's pov

I walked around the stadium of the grand magic games, trying to clear my head but every time I tried to get the girl out of my head, I would end up failing and thinking about her all over again. I just couldn't help it. I couldn't forget her bright crimson eyes or her long black hair.

I kept walking till I caught a scent which wasn't familiar. I followed the scent to one of the openings of the stadium only to spot Gajeel's sister standing there, doing what looked like hand to hand combat training with herself.

I tried to back away but something suddenly jolted through me, like it was telling me to go forward and for some reason I listened. I guessed that this was my instincts since I remember Skiadrum telling me that a dragon or dragon slayer can't resist their instincts.

I turned into a shadow and sped forward, appearing right behind her. The moment I came out of the shadows, I moved my hand onto her neck and with my other I started to run my fingers through her long thick hair. Her scent reminded me of the black haired girl from that dance 3 months ago and I knew it was the same person after the whole her being with members of Fairy Tail.

I felt her stiffen up when I leaned forward near her neck and my breath hit her ear. I felt her struggle in my grip a little before stopping. I suddenly couldn't control myself and bit her on the neck, picking up on a tiny bit of the metallic taste of blood.

I then realized what I had done when I saw the start of a black mark starting to form on her neck. I let go of her and backed away a couple of steps before turning into a shadow and heading towards the arena pathways.

When I knew I was out of sight, I turned back to normal and looked down at the floor. My head was starting to hurt and my eyes started to feel heavy. I soon started to feel myself get taken into the darkness of sleep. I went into my shadow before falling asleep, just in case someone came and saw me before I finally fell into the darkness of unconscious.