Trouble

Chapter 8

Our faces were inches from touching. Stone and I couldn't stop staring at one another. Both not daring to breathe as we stared. His eyes changed to the bright silver I was so familiar. My different colored eyes stared into them.

We staid there as the waves crashed against us. I felt my heart pounding against my skin. And I was sure Stone could hear it.

"Sorry." I heard Meggann say. Knocking me out of my trance. I quickly pushed myself away from Stone. The brightest blush on my face. Scratching the back of my head. I quickly stood up and ran out of the water.

Some of my friends stared at me. Wondering why I suddenly changed attitudes.

Quickly, I jumped on the towel. Feeling my heart still beating like crazy. I hugged my legs tightly. Trying to ignore the feeling. But it was difficult.

Clarissa?

I nearly jumped out of my skin. Hearing Doll's voice in my head nearly gave me a heart attack. My chest tightened in shock. Sense when was Doll able to talk by mind link?

Yes?

I had to try and see if she could hear me.

Is everything alright?

Yes why?

Stone linked me and told me.

Nearly cursing under my breath. I lay back down and let the sun cover myself. The sun felt hot on my face. But it didn't bother me.

"Clarissa?"

Opening my eyes. I roll my head to side and see Meggann. A look of worry was on her face. "Yes Meggann?" I asked. She sat down next to me. The worry in her eyes didn't go unnoticed. "Are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine. Just. . .worried. I don't want Henry knowing."

Meggann sighed and touched my shoulder. Giving it a comforting squeeze. "You know Henry will understand. You two will get married someday." I froze in place once she said that. If only she knew. . .