07: WeLCOME HoME NayboR

☆彡:・;.*:・。

"KYLIE. . . ."

"Yes, Kev?"

"I. . . you don't think it's bad that— IM THE REASON YANIS IS PARALYSED. THERE— I SAID IT."

The older man slammed his hands over his mouth as soon as the confession slipped his lips and his eyes focused on the adolescent sitting at the table. Kylie stared at him with confusion as she held the spoon to her mouth, her cereal turning soggy as minutes passed of the two just looking at each other.
". . . what?"

Kev continued to freak out as he attempted to explain the situation again, but Kylie just couldn't make sense of it.
Yanis?
Paralyzed?
Since when?
She understood he was loud as shit, especially when it comes to riding his damn motorbike- but did Kev really go to the extreme of paralyzing the dude?

Kylie took a bite of her cereal, "What do you mean paralyzed? What did you do? How? When— Kev what the hell? Does V know? Is that why you're telling me? 'Cause you're scare—"

"NO! She knows," he interrupted her, "she knows. . . she just, doesn't really care. Remember that night you shouted at me from your room to shut the fuck up?"

"You mean every night?" She said to herself with a raised eyebrows.

"What? NO! Wait, ew, gross— okay. That was a good one, but no. I mean last night."

"Sure . . ." she lied, not recollecting last nights activities. "Was it his bike by any chance?"

"Yes! I snuck out to cut the wires of his bike last night but I cut the brakes. I CUT THE BRAKES, KYLIE!" He screamed like a woman.
"And when you were at school today, well at least I'd like to think you were— he crashed into a car. AND NOW HE'S PARALYSED, KYLIE! PARALYSED," he repeated, falling to the ground as his hands held onto the kitchen table. "And it's all my fault. . . I feel so bad, and that's not even the worst part— he thinks it's was Lisa and Lisa!"

"Shit. Plot twist,"

"I know! He's in the hospital and I don't know what to do. First, he gets his dogs from him and now he can't move— God. I'm going to hell. I did that to an old man."

"Kev, he was an asshole," she tried to comfort him while putting her bowl in the sink.
"That doesn't mean he deserves to be paralyzed, Kylie!"
Kylie signaled for him to calm down and leant on the counter behind her with her arms folded, "so you're telling me this because. . ."

"I told him I'd pick him up from the hospital. I made a welcome home sign, only thing is. . . I think I spelled neighbor wrong. . ."

"So what? You get the e and i mixed up? No big deal?" Kylie comforted him, knowing it could be easily fixed. She watched him open a large, white sheet with black writing all over it.

"Fucking hell, Kev." She stared in horror.

W e L C O M E
H o M E
N a y b o R

"I know, I know, I don't really care, it's just-  you're a creative kid. Think you can fix it? Or make a new one? Just to kill time— if you don't get it finished in time then it's okay! We can just use this—"