5

John woke up later in the day. He had doing this for awhile. Sherlock had been working solo on a mental case with another client, so John took this free time sleep in. He sat up and felt the sheets stick to his back. The place was burning up. He hopped into the shower to cool down, then got a kettle of tea ready.

Sherlock walked into the kitchen and stopped. "Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" Sherlock asked, pointing to John.

"It's hot as all hell in here. If the AC broken?" John poured both of them a cup, and handed Sherlock his tea.

Sherlock took a sip and sat down. "Thank you, and yes. Mycroft is sending a repair guy, but he was supposed to arrive an hour ago. Also the grandmother did it." 

"She killed the post man? How come?" John sat in the chair from across him, and sipped his tea casually.

"She didn't mean to kill him. When he knocked on her door, she thought he was a robber, so she smashed him over the head with her cane. No one really suspected it. But I won't tell Lestrade. The woman is old and won't live for long. I give her a month." 

"Rest in piece. I'll send flowers to the family in a month. Do we have any other clients today?" John asked. He finished his tea and stuck his face in the fridge. But the smell of rotting eyeballs made him gag a little, so he backed away.

"We have a line waiting downstairs." Sherlock said casually. John jumped and started cleaning a little.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I would have woken up earlier if I knew we had a line." John scrambled to his room and got dressed. He searched around for a thin shirt. He realized that he doesn't own that much of a summer wardrobe. He found his old ACU shirt. He tucked his shirt into his jeans and hurried down the steps.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." He apologized to the group. "One by one, please." 

He lead the first client up the stairs and into the chair. Sherlock and John sat at their normal chairs and John had a notepad ready.

"I came here to tell you about my case. My husband has been gone for weeks on a business call, but I checked with his company, and he wasn't supposed to be on any trip. I don't know where he is. No one does. The company says their going to fire him if he doesn't come back soon, and I'm getting closer and closer to debt." She told them.

Sherlock looked her up and down. She wasn't extremely attractive, and her wedding ring seems very cheap.

"Your husband is cheating on you with someone from Hawaii, given that you have a keychain from his business that does tour guides, although he usually does London tours for tourists. He doesn't seem to care for you much given that your ring is fake gold, and the fact that he hasn't called you means he's either dead, has no cell service, or he's cheating. He can't be dead because someone would have contacted you earlier, he has cell service because you have Verizon, so that leaves cheating. I'm sorry you had to hear this from me." Sherlock apologized quickly.

She got upset and stormed out of the room. John glared at him.

Sherlock sighed. "I tried my best to be a little sympathetic. I said that I was sorry. That's certainly an improvement, right?" John had to admit, Sherlock was actually trying to act sympathetic.

"Next!" Sherlock yelled. They got clients one by one till 2, and then the flow stopped. 

"Boring! Nothing good ever happens during the summer. I just need a nice triple homicide and a glass of scotch." Sherlock dramatically flopped onto the couch and laid there lazily. 

John chuckled a little. "So triple homicide is good? I could always provide you a triple homicide." He joked.

"I'd very much like it if you didn't. It's more exciting if it's from someone you don't know. Plus I don't want to have to lie and get you out of jail." Sherlock pulled his phone out and texted Lestrade, asking him about any cases.