Chapter 3

Kylie's POV (Lexie)

The last few days have been hard, I have no family left. Mrs. Grier should be coming home in a few days. Hayes had been here to comfort me. I watched as the rain drops raced down the window. There was a silent knock at my door. "Dinner is ready." Hayes appeared. "I'm not hungry." I spoke, voice weak.

He came over and sat at the edge of my bed. "You haven't ate, in the past day. Let alone come out of your room. I'm worried about you." he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't be." I put my head down. "but I am." he mumbled. I brung my knees to my chest and kept looking out the window. "Lexie, I'm worried about you. You haven't come out of your room since it happened. You aren't yourself." he looked at me with concerned filled eyes.

"Hayes, really I'm fine." I insisted, even though I wasnt. The only person I had left, is gone. My older sister died of heroin, dad died in a motorcycle accident, and my mom.. a car accident.

Now it's just me. It was a rainy day. I haven't really moved from the position I'm in for a while.

He got up and left without saying a word. I decided to charge my phone since it's been dead since the day at the beach. I plugged it in, and waited. It finally turned on. I saw that I had messages. I clicked on the one from my mom, the day of her death.

'Hi sweetie! I just wanted to call you, and say that I I've you I hope you're having a great time! I can't wait t-' she was cut off by an ear piercing scream. A tear ran down my cheek. I caused her death. I'm the one she was trying to talk to on the phone. I killed her. I then broke down into hysterics.

"What happened? What's wrong?" Hayes pulled me into his arms. "I caused her death. I killed her." I cried. "No you didnt, she wasn't paying attention to the road." he whispered.

I felt dehydrated, hot, and sweaty. The humidity was crazy in this stuffy room. All I saw was black spots. I was dizzy, I then blacked out.

Dream

"Mom I'll be fine, I'm just going for a quick drive." I groaned. "You are 13, you aren't taking my car out on the road." she said.

I ignored her and left without a word. I got in the car and started to drive slowly, I learned on my grandmothers farm. My phone started to ring. "Hello?" I asked. "You need to get back here right now young lady!" my mother shouted. "I'm perfectly fine. Now get off the phone before I cr-" all I saw was black. I heard sirens. that's all I remembered be-

"Kylie, answer me please!" I heard Hayes yell. "What?" I answered. "Head between your knees." he put my head between my knees. It was just a dream. Just a dream.

"Put your head up now, we need to get you water." he spoke. I put my head up slowly. "Let's got downstairs." he lead me down the steps and to the couch. "Kylie!" Skylynn exclaimed. She jumped onto the couch with me. "Hey, Sky." I hugged her. "Guess what?! I'm going to Magcon, with Nash!" she exclaimed.

I smiled at her. "When are you leaving?" I asked. "Early tomorrow! So I'm going to bed now goodnight!" She gave me a kiss on the cheek. I laughed a little before she ran off.

"Here." Hayes handed me a cup of water. I took the cup gratefully, then taking a sip. "Thank you, for taking care of me." I mumbled. "It's nothing," he spoke. "Anything for you." he said barely above a whisper.

"What?" I asked. "Nothing, just lay down." he spoke. I did as told and put my head on the pillow. I could tell he was staring. "What are you staring at?" I asked him. "What," he blushed. "Oh nothing."

"Did you know there's a school bonfire tonight?" he asked me. "Really?," I asked. "What school?"

"Yours." he replied. "We should go! You could meet all my friends, all my guy friends will be there! C'mon we should go." I encouraged him. "But I don't like that Corey kid." he complained.