Chapter 1- the body

Karma is the belief that well, to put it frankly, all things come back to bite us in the ass eventually. Whether you squashed a bug or killed someone, karma will repay you. While there is good karma, it's usually only though of as bad. We all know the saying, Karma's a bitch. Well, this was the day I found that saying to be absolutely true.

"Rose!" I hissed and when I heard no answer I called a bit louder. "Rose!"

"Yes?" I gripped the bag tighter and shook the corner at her. "Sorry!"

I gave a groan and continued to slowly drag the body bag down the back alley. I wanted to give in, just to leave it in one of the dumpsters to rot but my dad was relying on me.

A few seconds later Rose came bounding up and took one sniff of the smell before promptly puking on the spot.

I dropped the body of the woman and ran to my older sister. "Are you okay?"

She gave a weak nod. "It's the scent."

I gave her an understanding look. "I hear you. But please, I need help moving it."

Rose drew in a deep breath and seemed to compose herself before she walked to the back of the black bag and heaved it up into the air. I ran to the other end and grabbed that so that we both held an end of the corpse. We slowly made our way to the graveyard. No one would think to look for the body there.

Now, don't get us wrong, we didn't kill her. Our father, Steven Cooper, was the culprit. He had left us with the last pleading wish of hiding the body before he was gone into the sunset. That had been two days ago and the body of the young female stripper was rotting in our basement.

At first, I had been shocked, so utterly disgusted that I had refused to enter the same room as it. But as a I remembered the late night fires, all the bed time stories, and the kisses, I decided to help him out. With a tearful goodbye, he promised we would never see him again as long as we may live and to carry on as we may like. Of course, both Rose and I began to sob until tears were no more but that didn't stop our father, he was a man on the run from the law.

At the age of eighteen, I was legally able to care for myself but I still hadn't been ready to leave the nest. Even further, Rose who has just turned 21 refused to move out for fear of being alone.

Even as much as we didn't want it, we were alone. Orphans, living on two small paychecks. Rose's long blonde hair was easily visible under her hood and I prayed that no one was patrolling the worn down cemetery this late at night. To our luck, no one was.

"Taylor!" Rose called out to me and I looked up from the tombstone I had been studying. Headlight were drawing nearer. "Pick her up!"

I scrambled to grab the body and the two of us began to awkwardly scoot away. This was not my idea of a normal day, don't get me wrong. Why my father had done it, I had no clue. But I'm sure it was a good reason... right?

After a long minute of awkward running, we reached a large reach of trees that spanned for miles. "Let's start digging."

After hours upon hours of heaving the dirt from the ground, we at last had dug a hole deep enough. With one push, she was in and the process started all over again.

The ride home was silent, neither of us daring to break the silence. When we reached the now darkened home we stood at the door a minute in silence. We had no family to turn to, just each other. I was the first to walk in, running to my room. The second I reached my mattress I let out a large wail into the pillow.

One minute life had been good and the next I found myself digging a shallow grave for the woman my father killed before he escaped. At least this is the worst of it.

Little did I know, that was only the beginning.

Hi! This is my new story about the embodiment of Karma. I really hope you guys like it and please don't be shy! Make sure you comment and vote to let me know how you think I did, thanks so much!!