Chapter 7- kidnapped

I slowly trailed down the empty streets, feeling conflicted. I wondered if I was finally free, if I could go back to Rose and be done. Yet, another part of me was scared, wanted to go back. I had nowhere to go and no way to get home. Rose must have heard my escape, yet she didn't seem to care.

Slowly, tears began to fall down my face. I was alone with nowhere to go. No one to turn to. Even though Karma was unbearable, he was company. He was cruel and ruthless, but at least he was somebody.

In the darkness, a sound started.

A car engine.

I spun around, watching for the source. Suddenly, a man stepped out of his car, eyes locked on me. I turned back around and continued to stride forward. Perhaps he was just stopping for a stretch. Perhaps he was just as scared as me. I smiled to myself. Yeah, that's all this is.

Heavy footsteps sounded behind me and I tried to keep calm. I'm sure he's just- The footsteps grew even louder and I ran a bit faster. My breath began to grow labored and my heart was racing. Help, please help! That's when a harsh hand landed on my wrist, yanking me backwards.

"No! No!" I wailed, thrashing back and forward in the grip of the man.

I was violently spun around to face him and I let out a loud scream. It was cut off by a sharp pain on my cheek. He had hit me.

"Please, just let me go!" Was this payment for something I had done in the past? Was this Karma's doing?

The man clamped a clammy hand over my mouth and began to drag me towards his van. I continued to thrash and wail, trying to bite his hand but continuously failing. We reached his truck and I was hardly thrown inside on the trunk.

He locked the door and climbed into the front seat, starting the car again and driving. I was shellshocked, frozen in place. How could this happen to me? Did Karma hate me this much?

After a long while, a loud bang sounded, jolting me out of my haze. I jumped up and stared out the front window.

There were a pair of feet on the dashboard.

I frowned. What the hell is this? The foot stomped and the window shattered in. I let out yelp and pressed myself against the back of the car. This new stranger seemed even more dangerous than my kidnapper.

The kidnapper let out a scream when the glass flew into him, cutting him in multiple places. The man on the board stepped down and slowly walked to the back, kicking the car along the way. I knew this because of the dents in the side that were created.

I began to sob. I did a lot of crying these days but then again, there was a lot to cry about. I could hear the wrestling of the lock from behind me and I scooted away. I turned to face the door just as it was pulled open.

Karma stood there, a cruel smile played on his face. "What have you managed to get yourself into?" He growled.

The tall man jumped into the back of the van and gently pulled at my arm, helping me to stand up. I followed his lead and allowed him to help me out of the car.

"Stay close." He strode up to my kidnapper and gripped his neck in his large hands. With a sharp yank, he had the man out of the car and suspended in the air.

He slowly lifted the struggling man as high as his long arm could reach and dropped him. The kidnapper fell to the ground, chocking and sputtering, his purple face slowly regaining color.

Karma took a step back and lifted his foot high in the air before jamming it into the man's exposed side. With a wicked smile and a laugh, he clenched his extended fist and the man beneath him began to wheeze. It wasn't long before he had completely frozen and his eyes began to bug.

Karma walked back over to me and turned me around. "You don't want to see this." He, strangely enough, carefully guided me back to his car and waited for me to buckle in before getting in himself. 

After a long period of silence, he cleared his throats and spoke. "I found a lead on your father." My heart sunk.