Chapter 11- Abigor

When I awoke the next morning, Karma was gone. I allowed myself to lay in bed for a bit longer and just think.

The reason I am in this whole mess is because my father killed someone... how did I think that was okay? A life of happiness doesn't make up for a horrible crime. He ended someone's life...

I jumped up from the bed and strode over to the door, confidently unlocking it. I had grown up hearing about Ouija boards and how they had connections to demons who knew more about the world than us.

Yeah, I needed one of those.

I grabbed a small pile of cash that Karma had kept in the nightstand and set out to find my Ouija board. It didn't take long until I had a toy Ouija board in my arms. It seemed dumb that they were so easy to obtain but right now, it helped me.

When I reached the room, I dropped back down on the bed and pulled it out, starring at it for a moment until I snapped out of it and placed my hand on the board.

I placed my hand on the wooden bit and called out. "I need your help to find my dad, please."

Nothing happened.

"What do you want in exchange?"

My hand began to drift over to the y then the o and finally the u. I gulped and nodded. "Okay." This was my duty, I had to deal with the consequences.

It wasn't long before a darkness began to seep through the room. I jumped back from the board just as a dark figure appeared on the other side of it. It took a moment to become clear, but when it did, I was shocked.

It looked like a normal man, albeit a bit insane looking. With lime green hair and tons of piercings, he was certainly interesting to look at.

"So you want to find your father, huh?"

I nodded.

"Daddy issues, so sad." He shook his head condescendingly and I looked at him in shock. "Well luckily, I can find him for ya. All it will take is your soul."

I gulped and nodded.

"Really, you're cool with me taking your soul?" The demon snickered. "Oh, right! I'm Abigor, and you are?"

"Taylor," I mumbled.

"Not much of a talker, huh. Let's get this over with." He stepped towards me and gripped my arms.

We locked eyes and suddenly I feeling of nothingness washed over me.

"Ooh, you're with Karma?" When I didn't answer, he continued. "He's gonna be sooo pissed!"

The feeling of nothing only intensified until I was entirely numb. Abigor released my arms and took a step back.

He was done, my soul was gone.

"You're father is in an abandoned church in Utah. Blessed is the Lord, is the name." He smirked at me and let out a chuckle. "I'll see you in hell...." he looked me up and down. "I'd prepare before then."

And with that, he was gone. I sunk to the ground, the tears finally coming to me. I knew where my father was but now I had no soul.

A loud bang sounded throughout the room and I jumped up. Karma strode in with a large bag.

"Why the hell is there so much black stuff in here- and an Ouija board?" It was then that the annoyed being turned to face me. "Why are you crying? What happened?"

I gave a little sniffle and didn't answer.

"Taylor!"

I didn't meet his eyes. "I know where my father is."

It was as if he made the connection, "You sold your soul?!" He roared at me.

I just nodded.

"Why would you do that? Are you stupid?"

At that, I couldn't just sit back and let him say that. "No, I finally took responsibility!"

"And you sold your soul!"

I just nodded.

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Dumbass, now we're going to have to get it back."