Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Emett pulls away from me, but I refuse to let him leave my side I keep my arms tightly wrapped around his neck.  His face is inches from mine I see a small smile curl on his soft pink lips his eyes are closed as he takes a deep breathe.

“Your alive.” He whispers more to himself then to me.

“I think.” I joke but his eyes snap open and I can see now is no time for jokes.

Emett quickly looks away and slowly drags a hand down his tired face, he gently release my arms from around his neck and sits next to me. His hand tightly wrapped around mine so tight I can see my finger tips change to a blue shade.

“Emett…” I don’t know why but I feel as if I should whisper, as I take in my unfamiliar surroundings.

The room is a soft blue shade with one window in the far wall. A small desk faces the window and a single wilted pink rose sits in a white vase.

“How long have I been asleep?” I finally get out, his grip on my hand becomes stronger and more desperate.

He looks at me dark circles under his beautiful green eyes a tint of red discolors the whites of his eyes. He looks exhausted. “Three and a half weeks.”

The words come out of his mouth in slow motion and my breathe catches, did I hear him right? How is that possible?

“What? Where are we? How…” My mind suddenly becomes very jumbled with questions and Emett rests a hand on my cheek comforting me.

“We are at a friend of Barbus's, she has been taking care of you. We thought her remedies weren’t doing anything for you. Apparently we were wrong.” He sounds very relieved.

“After the wyvern gave you the soul poison antidote you tried to fight it, and ended up getting in a fight with the wyvern. We tried to control you but you where to out of it, we couldn’t get you to listen to us. You just kept screaming…” Emett paused as if he where trying to forget what he just said. I watched him for a moment. For the first  time I noticed a large scar on his forearm two fingers wide and about 5 or so inched long. I gulped as I prepared to ask my question.

“Did I do that to you?” my voice was shaky as I motioned to his arm.

He ran his hand over the scar and smiled at me, “No you didn’t, Natis did when he tried to collect you about two weeks back.”

I felt the bumps spread over my body at the thought of Natis coming to get me, “Was I really that far gone?”

Emett nodded and watched me trace his scar with my pointer finger. “Yea..really didn’t think I was going to get you back this time.”

I laid my head on his shoulder, for a moment ignoring all the question’s that where filling up my mind. I allowed him to pull me in close his lips pressed against my forehead as he brushed back my hair.

“Welcome back” I smiled , it was good to hear my angel’s tear now.

“Thank you” I whispered back to it.

I closed my eyes for a moment enjoying the moment but was quickly shaken, with wide eyes I looked back at Emett’s panicked face. “Stay awake.”

I almost laughed but instead gave him a small kiss on the lips and smiled. “I am going to have to sleep again some day Emett.”

He laughed when he realized what he had just done. “I know, I’m sorry just not now. I think you have had enough rest.”

“Fair enough” I smiled and tried to move my legs suddenly realizing just how heavy my they where.