16.

Juan P.O.V.

After school on Friday, I got ready for my date with Drea. I drove to the movies and saw her and her male and female friend standing in the line already. I stood with them.

"Hey Drea." I said with a forced grin.

I gave her a hug. I nodded towards her other friends. Once we got in the movie, we looked for our seats. "Office Christmas Party" was just premiering so we had a little trouble finding seats. Once we got settled, the movie ironically started playing.

The movie was barely ten minutes in and it already had me cracking up. I noticed Drea sneak glances at me. She slipped her hand into mine. I looked at her and smiled. We sat like that for the rest of the movie and until we came out.

"Y'all can go ahead." She said to her friends once we got to the parking lot.

They left us alone. We faced each other hand in hand.

"I had a good time." I said with a smile.

"I'm glad you did cause I did too." She said softly as we walked to her car, which wasn't too far away.

We both laughed for no reason. "Well I'll see you later." I said once we got there.

"Mhm." She said, before kissing me on the lips softly.

It was a quick kiss, but I liked it anyway. PTSD kicked in a little, and a flashback of that day appeared in my mind. It put me in a sort of trance. Then it started getting kinda awkward until she spoke, which took me out of the trance I was in.

"I hope you don't think I'm try'na rush into anything-"

I cut her off with a deep kiss, which included tongue. I pulled away and left her wanting more. I slipped my hand away from hers and backed away.

"I'll call you." I said before walking away to my car.

It would've seemed way smoother if I was limping.

~~~

Drea and I were on the phone for a long time. It was 1 am while we were talking. She didn't wanna FaceTime cause she was looking a mess, that was what she said.

"You listened to Kendrick's album?" I asked her.

"What's it called?"

"Untitled Unmastered."

"Nope, never heard of it." She replied.

"Oh."

It then got awkward again.

"I'm hella bored." She yawned.

"You home alone or some?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"You coulda invited me over or something, you wouldn't be bored then." I flirted.

"You a damn mess, Juan."

Before I could respond, I heard footsteps coming towards my room door, which was at the end of the hall. I put my fingers on the speaker so that if she was talking, her voice would be muffled. Then I faked like I was asleep. I heard my door creak once it opened, then I heard it close. I kept my eyes closed for a while then I opened them back up. I sat back up in my bed and put my phone to my ear.