Through Deans Eyes (11)

Warning, a bit boring. Not much action, just pushing the plot along even though you have all seen season 8 >.< sorry bout this!

"Dean?"

"Mhm?"

"Has Scar called?"

I looked across the hotel room at Sam, lying down in bed weak. I took a breath in, closing my book and walking over to sit on the the bed across from him. He watched me with sad eyes and dammit, I wanted to yell. I wanted to yell at her. Here Sam was, in the worst condition yet since we have started the trials and she's marching all over gods great creation doing god knows what.
She won't even answer my calls. I don't even know if she's okay.

"No Sammy," I tell him, my elbows resting on my knees and my hands folded between them. 

"Can I try her again?" He wonders. I nod, passing him my phone. He dialed and we both waited. I could hear the voice mail chime in. You have reached the voice mail of Scarlett O'Hara,  I'm working a case right now but if you need something, leave a message and I'll try to get back to you.

Sam hung up and solemnly handed me the phone before rolling over to face the wall. I put it my back pocket and sighed heavily looking at the clock which flashed 12:49. I needed to sleep.  I kicked my shoes off and took my shirt off too, not even bothering with my jeans. I was too exhausted. 

As soon I lid down though, I felt wide awake, my mind was left wandering and I thought about everything. Sam wouldn't be like this if I had done the trials. I knew there was nothing that could be done, but it still ate me alive. And that last one, saving an innocent soul from hell...how long had Bobby been down there?
And now, what was the last trial? Was Kevin close to figuring it out? Was it going to be the worst of all three? My head was spinning. I knew I needed to stop or I was going to make myself sick.

Before I knew it, it was 3:00. I was so fidgety and anxious I couldn't lay still anymore.  I got up out of bed and hauled on my old shirt then laced my shoes up and headed out the door towards the bar across the street and down a little ways. 

When I walked in, the place was practically deserted besides the bar tender and a few people passed out at one of the tables. He was shaking them lightly and muttering, "I reckon it's time to get outta here," as they came to. I walked past that and sat down to a stool, pulling out my phone and checking my voice mails. None. Not that I expected any.

"What can I get you?" The bar tender asked me in a thick Texan accent.

"Just a beer,"

"Sure t'ang," He told me and walked a few steps to grab me one. I rested my head on my hand, still staring at the 0 missed voice mails that appeared promptly on my screen. "little late, huh son?" he asked me, sliding the beer across the counter. I caught it and took a sip.

"It's never to late for a cold beer," I responded, tipping it back.

"Don't seem to be these days," he said and started cleaning up around the bar before putting out a fresh bowl of peanuts. "never seen you 'round before, you new to town?"

"No," I say bored of the bland tasting beer. "just stopping through,"

"How you likin' it?"

"It's nice, friendly," I tell him. "quiet."

"Very. That's why I'm settled right down." He said. "I was a straggler, a youngin, like you. Always on the run until I ran into a pretty little lady in these parts," I chuckled lightly. "you'll have to settle down eventually son,"

"There's no hope for someone like me," I say glumly. 

"Don't you go gettin' all down on yourself now," he said to me, wiping off a few stray glasses around the bar. "all yous gotta do's find the right woman, or man if that's the way you have been rolling,"