CHUBBY CHEEKS

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚

16th january 2010; 4:20 pm

"students, we have a new student who'll be joining with us tomorrow. he'll be going around and getting to know the school today. please treat him well," the teacher said before dismissing the class. others didn't seem to care much about the new boy, but one boy in particular, couldn't contain his excitement on the mere thought of gaining a new friend.

"yo tae, are you coming with us to get something to eat?" a boy, better known as jaekyung, called out to taehyung who was bursting with excitement. "huh? oh, yeah i'll go," taehyung responded, snapping out of his daydream and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

they were walking along the school corridors when they came across another boy, who was dressed in casual clothes unlike the rest that were in their uniforms. "that's the new kid, huh?" jaekyung snorted and stared at the boy from top to bottom. taehyung smiled as he looked at the boy from afar, whom he found to be rather handsome. the new boy, oblivious to the group of boys a few meters away from him, continued to walk around, occasionally stopping to see which room he was next to by using the small map the school had provided him with. "look at those fat cheeks," jaekyung mocked at the boy, loud enough for him to hear. "he's so short too," jaekyung continued to laugh. the rest of the boys near him laughed too, all except taehyung.

taehyung, who had finally processed what was going on, unconsciously clenched his hands as anger rushed into him. he saw how the new boy looked down while gritting his teeth and it made him even more upset and go apeshit.

a pair of feet walked over and stopped in front of the new boy, "hey, i'm taehyung. it's nice to meet you." taehyung was determined to stand up for him. bullying was never acceptable for him and never will be in the future as well.

the new boy hesitated to shake taehyung's hand which was held out for him, since he saw that taehyung was with the group of boys that mocked him a moment ago.

"i-i'm jimin. nice to meet you too," jimin muttered quietly and shook taehyung's hand wanting to retract it back quickly, but taehyung had a firm grip. jimin began to get worried at what the latter was doing and finally made eye contact with him, his pupils shaking in fear. however, jimin began to calm down as he stared into taehyung's eyes that had a reassuring look in it, telling him that taehyung had no intentions of harming him.

"tae? really? are you seriously going to be friends with that fat loser? c'mon tae, you should know better than that," jaekyung said and put his arm on taehyung's shoulder.

"yeah, i should've known better than to bother talking to people like you, lee jaekyung," taehyung said sharply with a piercing look after slapping away jaekyung's arm from his shoulder. the way the latter's name rolled of his tongue frightened him for a moment. it was a side of the cheerful taehyung that jaekyung never saw.

"what are you talking about man? you're my frien-"

"i was your friend, jaekyung," taehyung cut him off, emphasizing on the word 'was'. jaekyung remained shocked and speechless for moment before their eyes locked as they glared at each other. anyone who'd passed by would've thought that it was just a staring contest between the two, had it not been for the thick tension in the atmosphere.

taehyung looked away first and smiled at jimin, "are you done looking around?" he asked. jimin nodded, still startled at what was happening. he wondered why taehyung took his side in the first place. "let's get something to eat then. i'm starving," taehyung said and dragged jimin out of the school.