HOPELESS

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚

21st may 2016; 4:00 am

jimin was awfully quiet tonight as they sat in the park. sure, jimin was usually quiet but it was a peaceful and calm quietness. today, taehyung knew that jimin wasn't just staying silent. jimin was worried and tensed about something; taehyung could tell that. jimin would take short glimpses at taehyung and smile every time which was not how he was. yes, he did smile whenever he looked at taehyung but they were long gazes followed by his perfect eye smile. not a soft smile that screamed pain.

"is something wrong?" taehyung asked and saw jimin's eyes flicker down almost instantly. "no," jimin laughed softly as he avoided eye contact with taehyung, "everything's fine. i just missed you a lot." taehyung quirked up his eyebrow, "but i've been with you all day though," he muttered and thought for a while. when a sudden question popped up in his mind, he got scared. "did the doctor say something?" taehyung asked cautiously as he widened his eyes in fear.

"w-what? no! i'm really fine, tae," jimin laughed awkwardly. but taehyung heard jimin stutter. taehyung saw jimin bite his lip as he looked away. taehyung saw how jimin's eyes glossed up just before he turned around. "wah~ the moon is so pretty tonight," jimin said and he realized that jimin was trying to change the topic.

taehyung cupped jimin's face and made jimin turn to him, "tell me what's wrong, jimin," he said with a serious look. "nothing's wrong, really," jimin smiled but taehyung saw how his lips quivered right after he said it. "jimin, you can tell me. i know something is bothe-" taehyung was cut off as jimin smashed his lips onto his.

taehyung's eyes widened in shock as he was taken aback by jimin's sudden but lustful action. the kiss was different from past experiences but he loved it nevertheless as he closed his eyes, deepening it. that was when he felt jimin's lips tremble as a water drop hit his face. for a moment, taehyung thought that it was beginning to rain but when he realized that the only water that fell touched his face —cheeks to be exact— he knew that the water came from elsewhere.

he pulled away from the kiss and looked at jimin who held his head down. the small sniffles gave it all away when jimin was trying so hard to suppress everything. taehyung constantly kept on asking what was wrong but jimin kept his mouth shut. he couldn't tell taehyung what all he heard earlier after taehyung left the previous night to get his clothes from his house.

..。..。..

20th may 2016; 9:14 pm

jimin had just finished his dinner and the doctors did their usual checkup on him, but before they left, jimin saw them ask his parents to come outside for a moment. jimin grew scared as he had a feeling that whatever they had to talk about was not good.

the moment the door closed, jimin slipped out of his bed and walked over to the door. he leaned in and placed his ear on the door to eavesdrop on what they were saying.

"mr. park, mrs. park, we've done a few checkups on jimin and noticed that his health wasn't improving. i'm afraid the cancer has reached its final stages already. pancreatic cancer patients are rare and they never fully recovered, but we've managed to increase their life span for a few more years. we'll prescribe a few enzyme supplements to aid in his digestion as he has begun to lose a lot of weight. it's necessary to get him to eat more during his meals so i'd like to ask you not to mention this to your son as of now. chances are high that he might lose his appetite or eat less if he gets stressed out over it." the doctor spoke.