Chapter 3

Not Over You

**Max's P.O.V**

About one minute after leaving Fang's room...

Throwing myself onto the bed, I grabbed my stomach. It was aching. I was feeling so sick to my core, I could barely ignore the overwhelming feeling of lonesomeness. Yeah, I was completely alone now. No one to talk to... No one who cared... Except...

I reached over to my bedside table and grabbed the duct taped cell phone. I pressed in the one number I knew completely by heart, and started to sob as I got the answering machine after exactly seven long rings.

"Mom...?" I sobbed, grabbing my stomach again. "I need you. This is probably the worst situation I have ever been in...and for some reason, it's not because I am almost dying... I just need to talk to you... Please answ-"

"Max?!" My mom answered, picking up the phone. Her voice was so concerned and alarmed with fear.

I let out a cry.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I just walked in the door. What's wrong?"

I looked at my door, and slowly walked over to it. I looked across the hall and saw Fang's door shut. I pressed my hand over my mouth, not wanting to make any noises, and whispered, "Fang..."

"What did he do to you, honey?!" She asked, probably coming up with theories such as rape, or abuse. Hah, I only wished it was all Fang's fault. But it wasn't. It was mine too.

"It's what we both did, Mom." I said, slamming my door and then locking it. I slowly walked back to my bed, and pulled the covers over my now shivering body.

"Oh no..."

"It's true. We had unprotected sex. I don't know what to do!" I pulled the covers off my stomach and then pulled my shirt up over my breasts. I stared down at my belly button and then poked it, imagining a little life inside of me starting to form this second.

"There is only a few things you can do, Max..." She said, trying to stay calm.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, there is the pill..." She suggested. I squeezed my stomach, digging my nails into the skin. Kill my baby?! You have got to be, excuse my language, fucking kidding me!

"No."

"Abortion?"

"Fuck no!" I replied. Was she insane?! If I didn't want to do the pill, I OBVIOUSLY didn't want to have it just...Ugh. This was stupid.

She sighed. "Language."

"Whatever."

"You want to have the baby?" She asked.

I ran my hand over my stomach. It was smooth, and firm. It would look like I placed a huge balloon in it in about six months. I smiled. I would look so cute pregnant... My baby... Mine and Fang's baby would also be so adorable and so loved...plus spoiled. Especially with an aunt like Nudge. I giggled.

"Yeah..." I whispered.

"Max is having a baby?!" I heard someone say in the background. Ella.

"Be quite." I heard Mom say to her.

"Oh! Can I please talk to her?! Please, Mom?!" I heard Ella beg.

"Max? Do you mind?" Mom asked.

I laughed. "No. We can talk."

"Oh Max! I can't believe this! Wow, you're so young! I have so many questions! What do you want it to be? Boy or girl? What would its name be!? Oh my gosh. This is so exciting!" She was speaking a mile a minute, and I could only process half the the questions she was asking.