Chapter 8

What Now?

**Max's P.O.V**

"How are you, Max?" Nudge asked after Fang had left my side for the first time. I stared at the closed door, not even strong enough emotionally to process her words. I didn't want to look inside myself to tell her how I was coping with the fact that had lost my child eight hours ago.

My blood was boiling with self pity and grief. My bones ached and my heart felt like shattering. To tell you the truth, a shattering heart felt less painful than what I was going through now.

I placed my hand on my stomach. The large, round belly I used to have was now decreasing, which made my eyes sting once I started thinking about it. Angel came over to me and layed her head on my chest.

I wrapped my arm firmly around her body and squeezed her to my side. "I know you're hurting, Max," she whispered, turning her large eyes up to mine. "But at least you still have us..."

Small, wet tears ran down her cheeks as she leaned up to kiss my cheek. Nudge crawled over to my other side and hugged me tight, then she moved back to let Gazzy through, then last but not least...Iggy.

Angel and the Gasman got up and moved out of the way and I sat up straighter as he came over to my side and wove his large arms securely around my body. He pressed his lips to my hair, and I could feel hot tears stream from his eyes. "I feel the pain you feel, Max..." His voice muffled. "I was so excited to have a little brother or sister around the house..."

I wrapped my arms around him and then all of the little kids joined into our hug. "Max?" Asked, Gazzy.

"Yes, sweetie?" I replied as everyone started to sit back and look at each other.

"Can you and Fang try to have one more baby?" He whispered, his face falling to look at his feet, cheeks burning.

I looked at Angel, then Nudge, and lastly Iggy, whose face was as blank as my mind.

Then we all heard a large thud and we turned our heads to the side with alarm.

"What was that?" I asked, my voice now becoming alert.

"I don't know," Iggy said, "sounds like something...fell...?"

My mind snapped to attention at once. "Fang!" I screamed and jumped from the bed, flinging the sheets to the floor and throwing the door open, hearing it hit the wall with a loud, bang!

My hand wrapped around the doorknob but it was locked, I thrashed my fists to the door, but there was no sound from the other side, not even running water from the shower.

I had no choice, I walked backwards and then kicked the door open with my left foot. The door crumbled into three big pieces and I saw Fang's naked body lying on the floor.

My heart stopped at once as I ran to his side. His breathing was shallow and he had a faint pulse, but that still gave me no answers.

"Nudge, call nine-one-one and my mom! Tell them we need a medflight to take us to her vet hospital, NOW! Make sure Angel and Gazzy stay out of here!" I screamed as I saw the fourteen year old girl walk into the bathroom.

Her eyes grew wide as she saw Fang's clothless body on the ground and ran from the room at once.

Iggy came in and stood by mine and Fang's side. "Oh God, did he have to be nude?!" He yelled over the ringing in my ears as he crouched down to pick up Fang's nearly lifeless body.

I grabbed Fang's clothes and was too out of it to question the large amount of semen all over the bathroom floor. I made a mental note to yell at him about that later.

Iggy walked down the stairs and placed Fang on the large couch in the living room. I handed him Fang's shirt as I tried pulling his underwear onto his body. And all through this chaos, his eyes never opened.

"Medflight is here, Max!" Angel screamed, as I heard the helicopter's loud wings getting closer.

"Show time," I yelled at Iggy, and we both nodded to ourselves and picked Fang up then carried him outside.