Chapter 4

All I Can Say

**Fang's P.O.V**

One Week Later...

"It's here." I whispered to Max as I carried the brown paper bag into our bathroom we shared and then locked the door once she was inside.

"Well, take it out." She said quietly back.

I took out the box and handed it to her.

"So, two lines mean positive and one line means negative?" She asked, reading the back of the box.

I nodded my head, reading over her shoulder.

I glanced inside the bag again because it was feeling weirdly heavy and realized that there was a note inside of it.

On a normal college-ruled paper, I read to myself,

Dear Max,

Use the test well. There is only one in the box, so don't mess up. Read the instructions at least two times, then call me as soon as you get the results.

Whatever happens, don't be worried, Honey. I will always love you and support you no matter what the outcome is.

We love you,

Mom, Jeb, and Ella.

I handed the note over to Max while she was slipping the test stick thingy into her hands. "Here, it's from your Mom."

She grabbed it frantically, hands shaking.

She read it fast, and then nodded three times herself.

"How many days has it been since you were supposed to have your period?" I asked, placing my hand on her cheek to make her calm down.

"A week and two days." She said, eyes wandering. I could practically hear her heart beating so heavily.

"And still a no show?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Alright... You ready?" I asked, feeling like I was the only one here able to speak, since all Max was doing was shaking and looking around like a spazz.

"Yeah." She said.

"Okay, I will be right outside the door."

"No. Stay." She said, grabbing my hand into hers. I sighed. Man, I was a push over.

"One condition." I said, holding up my index finger.

She looked at me with wide eyes, then nodded. "I am not watching you pee. I'm facing the corner."

I smiled at her, and she smiled weakly back at me then gave a little chuckle. That's my girl.

I placed my finger under her chin and raised it up so she was looking at me straight in the eyes. "I will always love you, no matter what happens."

Her eyes started to water, "I love you too." She choked out.

I placed my lips to her mouth and held her there. Wrapping my arms around her tiny waist, I pressed her against my body, wanting to get as close as possible.

"I know I'm ready now," she breathed when our lips disconnected. She slid down her shorts then her underwear down to her ankles, and I was introduced to her half nude self for the first time in twelve days.

I took a deep breath, trying to control my urges, and slowly turned around to face the corner.

I had done a lot of sneaking around lately. I had to take care of a few major things to get ready for this moment.