Chapter 3: Bloodlust

"Yay! Another girl is living with us!" You cheered. "No more Ayato being mean to---" You felt Ayato's glare on you and you ceased your cheering.

"Now, due to this unexpected event, we have to prepare. Laito, go prepare Ms. Komori a room. Kanato, help him find proper things for bedrest, such as sheets, blankets---- Anything of the sort." Reiji ordered.

"Barking orders again, Reiji? It seems like that's the only thing you know how to do~" Laito sighed.

"Shut up and do what you're told." Reiji remarked firmly.

"Ah, come on, Teddy. Let's go." Kanato trailed off with Laito behind him.

"Hey! Pancake, just know that Yours Truly will be all of your firsts! All of them..." Ayato spoke up, his voice getting a bit dark at the last part. You didn't mind.

"Yui! Can we go play?" You timidly ask her.

"Uhm... Sure! What would you like to play, (Y/N)?" She replied. Before you can open your mouth, Ayato grabs Yui's arm and yanks her into a different room. You were left confused. Why is Ayato... acting like this?

"Usually sacrificial brides are used as blood sources for us, correct, Shu?" You overheard Reiji whispering.

"Yes. What about it?" Shu blurted out back.

"Isn't (Y/N) too young to be drinking blood?"

Silence.

You, being the curious young child you were, unconsciouly blurted out, "Blood?"

Subaru, who already was on the other side of the room where Reiji and Shu were speaking, cringed at your innocent question. He knew that you knew nothing about the world of bloodthirsty vampires, and that you were too young to partake in drinking thick amounts of blood. You were never as thirsty as he, or any of your other older brothers were for blood. He knew that Yui was here for that very reason. To feed the Sakamaki family. But you didn't know that. And none of your brothers wanted you to know that fact. Not at least, until you were ready.

"(Y/N), it's big brother stuff, don't worry about it," Subaru told you. "You don't need to."

You didn't need to worry about a lot of things. You didn't mind, either.

"Okay!" You smiled and chirped, making your way to your room. Shu and Reiji gave out a relived, heavy sigh, as if they were thankful for Subaru's efforts.

-----Time Skip-----

As you played in your room with your plush, you were interrupted by your door flying open roughly by none other than Ayato. However, something was different about him. He had an unfamiliar, but very sweet scent clinging to him. It almost bothered you, but not much. When you looked over at him, your eyes widened. He was licking his teeth, or more like fangs with a dark crimson dripping off them and onto your bedroom carpet.

"Ayato...?" You asked nervously. "What is that red stuff?"

He chuckled at you. "Blood, (Y/N). Blood. The sweetest of it all...~"

He came close to you, with that sweet aroma of the blood filling up your senses. You tried to ignore it, but all it did was continue to grow. As it grew, it gave you a headache. Without warning, Ayato engulfed you into his choking hug, making almost all air inside you escape.

"You know, it tastes so sweet, (Y/N). You should try it sometime. But not now. I'm savoring the flavor for myself~" Ayato teased you.

"Ayato, you're acting like Laito! Stop it..." You trailed off, still sniffing the sweet scent around your brother's lips. "Why... Does that smell so good..."

He devilishly smirked at your innocence and wonder. He quickly kissed your nose lovingly. "You're not ready for that yet. You'll just have to deal without that for now."

You lowered your head down to your brother's chest and somehow hugged him back without suffocating.

'Little rabbit, indeed...' Ayato thought to himself.