Chapter 14: An Unexpected Surprise

I'm alive, bitches. Time to get back to work even though my back is killing me. Just a heads up, I might work on this story more so than Come Closer, so if you're waiting for updates on that book, just be patient as I am doing this one now.

"I can't believe I drank her blood... I don't wanna do that again...!" You sobbed quietly as you could as you closed and locked the door to your room, not that it could work. Any one of your brothers could easily teleport in there like the sly magicians that they are. Wait, what?

"(Y/n)? Open up." A soft voice called out to you from the other side of your door as he knocked. "It's me, Subaru. You okay?"

"Maybe..." You muttered softer. Suddenly you felt a pair of arms hug you from the side of your bed, pulling you closer to their owner that they were connected to.

"What happened, (Y/n)? Did something happen to you while you were in there?" Subaru whispered, containing his anger as he rubbed in circle motions in your back to calm you down.

"You won't like it, Subaru."

"Just tell me, sis."

You paused for a moment, then took a deep breath. "I drank Yui's blood." You felt Subaru's grip tighten at this. Oh, yeah. He was definitely angry now.

"Did you do it by yourself?" Subaru said through clenched teeth.

"...Not really. Reiji... Told me I could."

At this, Subaru ripped his body away from yours. He was ready to rip Reiji a new one. "I'll be back, (Y/n)."

"Subaru, where are you... Going..." You say as you notice that he had already left the room. You decided to tuck yourself in, crying yourself to sleep silently. You thought to yourself, repeating the same sentence in your head that all will be okay in the morning when you wake up.

•○•○•○•○•○•

"REIJI!" Subaru lashed out angrily as he barged into the infirmary. He could care less if he awakened Yui or not.

"What is it that you want, Subaru?" Reiji glanced to his side to see his brother. He closed the book he was reading and gave him his full attention. "Make it quick, I want to get back to reading this novel."

"Why the hell did you let (Y/n) drink Yui's blood? Especially in the state she's in! The girl is in a coma and you let our little sister drink anyway!" Subaru tried to control his anger. He was slowly losing it.

Reiji smirked. "Hm. I don't have to tell you. All you have to know is that I'm testing all of you now. Yui will take longer to recover," He says as he now glances over to Yui. She didn't look well at all. Even though she isn't the most likeable person in the home, she looked like death has kissed her himself. She was pale, barely breathing. Still alive, but could you really tell? "I wonder... If (Y/n) failed her test, I wonder how long it will take the rest of you to falter."

Subaru wasn't having it. But he knew he'd have to pick another fight another time with Reiji. Now was not the best time. He left the room with a furious aura. Reiji went back to his book, taking a pen and scratching out a couple of things. He flipped to a page that had your information on it. "Naïve," "witty," and "charming" were a few words that Reiji had written down to describe your behavior. You were his greatest experiment yet.

Yui was only half-awake when she heard the two brothers talking. She did hear pieces here and there. She felt pain in her wrist, but she felt too weak. Her instincts were not functioning, not telling her to check her wrist. She then began trying to piece together what Reiji and Subaru were talking about.

Her eyes shot open when she realized it.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

"I can't believe his nerve... He's using all of us as his own personal lab rats in this... Even (Y/n)!" Subaru growled.

"What about (Y/n)?" Ayato questioned, suddening appearing in front of Subaru. Truth is, he was walking in the same hall. Just towards your room. "Subaru, what's wrong with (Y/n)?"

"Out of my way!" Subaru pushed his brother forcefully so he could continue walking.

"Bastard. I'll go check on her myself then." Ayato kissed his teeth as he made his way to your room. He saw you peacefully asleep, and was actually ready to leave you be...

Until he realized how red the area around your eyes were. He walked quickly to your bedside and crouched down, and upon closer inspection, he noticed your tear stains on your pillow. He kept himself silent, as he didn't want to wake you up, no matter how badly he wanted to know what happened.

"What happened to you, rabbit? Who did this to you...?"

"You won't get any answer out of her when she's sleeping, Ayato." Subaru announced as he leaned against your door frame, most likely going through the trouble of teleporting in and unlocking it just to pull off that cool look. Ayato looked over to Subaru.

"Ah, so now you're playing nice."

"Quiet. You're too noisy." Shu stated as he was trying to sleep on your bed.

"What the fu-How did you get in here, Shu?!" Ayato spat out as he looked to see Shu.

"How do you think?" Shu glared at his younger brother.

"Shaddup." Ayato barked. He then looked over to Subaru. "Hey, since you're less pissy now, mind telling me what's wrong with (Y/n)?"

"It's not like I'm obligated to tell you or anything." Subaru crossed his arms.

"You'd better tell him. He's gonna annoy you to no end, you know that, right?" Shu smirked at the albino brother. "Besides, I'm curious as well."

"Fine." Subaru sighed. "Well, Reiji used her as his lab rat, and used Yui's state against her. And I think... He's doing the same to us. That's the gist of it."

Ayato stayed perfectly content this whole until this moment. Let's just say it's amazing how you slept through Ayato giving Subaru a beating because he didn't say anything earlier.

"THAT'S FOR BEING A LITTLE PUNK AND NOT TELLING ME RIGHT AWAY!" Ayato screeched.

"STOP IT! YOU'LL WAKE HER UP! AND IT SUCKS I CAN'T FIGHT BACK SINCE I'LL INCREASE THAT RISK!" Subaru panicked, slightly.

"Is there seriously no where in this damn house I can sleep in peace...? I just don't want to do anything." Shu sighed. He glanced at you, and decided to hold you and cuddle with you, petting your (h/c)-haired head; all while his younger brothers were fighting.

"YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE SUCKS? THAT WE CAN'T SUCK ANY BLOOD UNTIL PANCAKE RECOVERS!" Ayato growled in frustration.

"FUCK YOU, I HOPE SHE TAKES WEEKS TO RECOVER! I'M WILLING TO WAIT!" Subaru growled back.

"Way too noisy... I wish I had your sleeping abilities, (Y/n)..." Shu sighed.

Welp, that was fun. It'll also be fun to figure out what to put for the next chapter. Maybe I'll finally start up with the plot and skip the torturous process that your brothers will be put through. Nah, I wouldn't do that. See ya in the next chap my lovelies~