Chapter 3

We walked together, on our way to the arena. There were multiple sides, representing each faction.

The far left was campers wearing different shades of blue and styles of outfits. All were women and I could sense the absolute fear and torture they would bring. Sirens

The next was was a coven, obvious but their sticks and potions held. Some even wore a fur coat just like Elijah. Now I now what he is

The one on our left was the scruffy looking boys and girls. The boys were joyful and cheering like the girls but more wild and powerful. The one in red sat in front, in conversation with the elder kind.

On the far right was the banshees who wore white leaded by an elder. Her eyes were covered from all the skin but she looked strong and powerful enough to lead. Banshees talked quietly, probably trying to keep their energy for the screaming.

And finally beside us, were the shape shifters. The girls wore black while some of the men were topless and proud. They looked confident in their own skin and attempted to turn into wild animals, roaring for battle.

Jason turned to me as he lifted his shirt. It was grey which made me felt guilty.

"Oh shit" I palmed my forehead. "Sorry for ruining your black shirt that morning"

"Sometimes, I really wanted to claw your eyes out" Jason laughs as he runs off to his pack.

Elijah ran off to the warlocks and witches following Jason. Leaving me with Professor Duke and James. I watched the people pile up, carefully filling the room. Below us, a group of campers took their seats, they were wearing their shirts.

"There are 5 groups where you must belong" James finally spoke. "Sirens, Werewolves, Banshees, Shape shifters and the witches"

"But you?" I faced him. He didn't look upset. He was emotionless, in fact.

I couldn't even imagine. Knowing I'm probably one of my kind, a traitor to both of the most powerful. Knowing I didn't belong here. Standing in between groups of the 5 leading kinds, knowing that I don't belong. I wonder how I would feel every passing year this even happens, or even any event.

"Ill be alright" he sounds confident but unsure. Cheers suddenly was heard when a man walked his way in front.  The house lights were off till we only saw the clean stage owned by the man who walked with pride.

"Where do you stay?" I ask.
"Here" He takes 3 steps back and leans on the large door frame. "Right here"
I glanced back at him with a smile, James was pretty happy where he stood.
"You should go" he says.
"Professor told me that the introduction was an hour before the calling" I explained, watching the man that they call West, dance his way to victory.
"In vampire years, an hour felt like a whole day" James complained as we both laughed.
"Show me some tricks?" I asked.
James hesitated but finally gave in and smiled.

We went outside, feeling the winter evening. Surely I didn't want to sit with a bunch of nobodies watching the man in the grey suit dance for every body else's entertainment.

"So?" I waited till he unbuttoned his long sleeves and pulled them back to his elbow. He lifted his hands to pull back his hair and shook his shoulders as if he was ready to run in a marathon.

"Don't tell me you'll turn" I laugh.
"Nope, I just-" He quickly lifted his knife and swished it till the knife came in my direction. My skin was hot as I lifted my arm to see a fresh wound.