Chapter 11

My heart felt like it was a crippling useless piece of paper. Singing and touching someone to sleep was one thing. Bending nature is another.

I gulped as I breathed unsteadily. My legs felt as if it wanted to break from agony. My palms were sweaty but I tried hard to focus.

Elijah stood across from me with the unlit candle standing in between us. I was desperately trying to light it but nothing came.

"I can't do it" I cried exhaustedly. "Please Elijah, this is too much.
"Kathleen, it's only been 5 minutes" Polly explained. I felt her hurt in seeing me in this state.
"But it feels like an hour" I whimpered. "Please"
Elijah looked at me with sorrow but he tried hard to conceal it. "You can't give up"

Robert was right. Doing magic wasn't easy. It did make me feel things that I never felt before. And it wasn't pleasurable.

"This is torture" I sobbed. My face covered with a thin layer of sweat.
"I've done this before Kath"

Elijah kneeled in front of me. I know he hates seeing me like this. But like his cloaking spells, he buried his sadness and showed complete empty mindedness.

I knew Elijah was long here in Supernatural Camp, knowing his father as the Big Man that leaded the magic faction for s long time. Knowing James' history with Elijah's father made my insides churn. Fear struck me like lightning. I wondered. If he was like this to a boy he didn't know, what more to his own son?

Like I said, Elijah neither Robert didn't talk family. It's a subject they'd pass in table talks. They never talked good in them. Leaving Elijah's only family consisting of Robert and Robert only.

"This is too much" I cried. "I can't"
"Give her a break" James said, one full of worry. "She has had enough"

It took Elijah a moment to hide his resentment toward James' decision. "Fine"

The moment Elijah swiped his hand to the left, the candles followed leaving themselves lifeless.

The burden that was buried under my skin decreased. As if the chains that were bound to the ground unleashed me.

The tears pooled in my eyes as I felt James approach me quickly, watching me with sadness.
"Hey, you'll be alright" He delivered a gentle smile to reassure me which I couldn't return.
"I can't do this, James. It's-"
"Horrible?"

In my surprise, the voice wasn't familiar at all. But there was something in it that made my heart pace.

We all faced the figure that appeared from the room above. And from the light I saw a perfect view of him.

He was tall for a boy that looked their mid 20s. His eyes show a soft shade of green and blue, shifting as if it was overlapping each other. He had a crooked smile plastered in his tanned skin that made me breathing hitched. His brunette hair pulled back. His bland shirt hugged his toned chest perfectly while his red flannel dangled on his waist.

"Oh believe me, this was only the beginning, Kathleen"

He flashed his crooked smile again. His voice was like a cherry on top of his physical features. It was a sweet European accent that I recognized from the old movies my parents used to watch.

"How did you know me?" I gulped nervously as he chuckled softly.
"Word spreads, love" he smirked.
My heart felt like it skipped a beat and I assumed that this is exactly how he wanted me to feel with his devilish voice.