Chapter 16

It was't enough and I was clearly having doubts.

It's wrecking me, ruining me. I was only able to activate my 2nd gene when there was 5 awaiting and I'm afraid I won't make it alive. Most importantly, my crew won't make it alive.

"You have doubts"
I faced him. Aaron sat on the cushions of the cavern's bed. His elbows were leaning on his knees as he leans his face in his big hands.
"No I don't" I lied. I gulped as I exhaled deeply, pacing again back and forth.
"Yes you do" He insists, standing while his arms crossed.
"And so what if I do?" I stopped on my tracks. "It won't activate my other genes, Aaron. We may have a lower chance of surviving and we might not-"
"There" He snaps before walking his way to me, holding me still. I didn't even notice I was already shaking. "You said might like a lot of times, Kath. The word doesn't come out of a hero"
"This hero" I gestured myself. "Is no hero. I'm a wannabe leader. I'm an immortal. I'm someone that couldn't activate her genes to save her friend. I'm-"

I was cut off with a very unexpected surprise. It was the boy's lips on mine.
Soft and passionate. My heart felt like jumping and my body wanted to hold onto him forever. Sparks erupted in me, making me feel alive. Maybe it was too soon. But I would take too soon for this short moments like this.

He pulls away, his eyes locked into mine. "You are a hero. You are daring. You're brave, intelligent. You're an immortal, but a leader than can make a difference. Remember that"

And after that, he was gone.

_______________

"HE WHAT?!"
"I know" My cheeks were crimson. "I just-"
"You know that's my brother right?"

The small boy glared at me. Gossips with Elijah, who knew it would be like this?
We both sat in a vacant table by the buffet area. It was empty now. I placed a great weight on my hands with my face as I tried to stop myself from blushing. Failing, duh.

"I knew there was something going on with both of you" He grunts, pacing back and forth. "You guys just met"
"I know"
"And then the flirting"
"I know"
"AND THEN THE KISS?"'
"I KNOW!" I exhaled before slumping back in my seat. "It happened too quick. He was comforting me, Elijah. Don't make it a big deal"
"Of course it's a big deal, Kath" He faces me. "Aaron, aka my oldest brother, kissed my best friend. Do you know how hard that'll be for the both you?"
"I don't know" I mumble. "Really hard?"
He watched me. "I swear, Kath. You're hopeless"
I growled before facing him with puppy eyes. "Forgive me?"
"No" He barks back, sitting across me. "Pretend nothing happened. Alright? I don't want you distracted. We need our leader in Supernatural Camp and not in Fairy Fantasies World, okay?"

Honestly, I had no future in a love life in the mortal world. Making what happened to me and Aaron really new.
Feelings. As a cold-hearted person who had a abusive mother, it took time for me to completely forget everything else evolving around me especially my love life.No, I had no boyfriend. For a 19 year old girl in college, my strings were never attached. I distracted myself with studies and homeworks. Basically the university was a constant torment.

Besides, no one was up knocking on my door anyway. I was a usual girl. My flesh still fresh from the torture my mother brought, revealing ugly scars surely no one wanted to see. Even I didn't want to see them. I had a casual life without love written in it.

Now, I didn't know what to do. Totally new. The feeling made me have so much energy I could burst. My heart was pacing so quick I might have a heart attack. My smile was ear to ear. I could feel my eyes fluttering with joy. I was happy. I am happy.

"Okay" I shrugged back. "Whatever. I don't have feelings for your brother"
He looked behind me. "Oh here he is now"

I involuntarily looked back. My whole back twisted like a pretzel. "WHERE?!"
But no handsome Aaron in sight, I looked back at the younger boy.
His hands were on his temples as if he had a massive headache. "That was test 1 and you failed it. Good job, Kath"
I frowned. "No more tests please. Come on let's call Jason and activate my shapeshifting gene"