Chapter 13

My time was running out. I could feel it fading away with the colored sunset skies. 30 more hours, I thought. 30 more hours till we take off to save two tortured and trap girls, Rebecca McCall and Amanda -

"It's Canes. Aaron Canes" I grunt over what he stated. Ever since the battle, we did nothing to him but listen to his never ending boring speech about him and his family.

"Our father's name was Josephus and our mom's name was Anima" He continuous with his family history.
"Why aren't we tying him up again?" Cassy mumbles in my ear as I giggle.

James wasn't with us and God knows where he headed but I hope he forgives me for what I did. Robert silently strolls with his oldest brother as he tries to relate or even talk to him. Elijah follows with Polly still wrapped around him. She wasn't awake yet, but hopefully she could still be since she was a big part of our escape plan, also as a friend for a friend. While I walk with Cassy and Jason beside me.

"Are you mad at me?" I faced Jason who just shrugged.
"No" he blurted. "Look, love. You didn't have much of a choice. You're the leader here"

I guess that's where he's mistaken. I had a choice and now I was unsure if it was the right or the wrong one.

"I don't think he is" Cassy says, knowing the bitter look I had in my face without James around. "Don't worry, Kathy. He'll be fine"

We walk to the pool. It was still and quiet as we left it.
"We have to wake, Polly" Elijah faces Cassy. "She'll be in a deep sleep if we don't"

I didn't know much about Banshees before entering the supernatural world. There was so much to discover about them after all. She mentioned how screaming and wailing comes out like the sound of a rooster. It was their basic sense. They don't sense danger but death and visions are only part of them. They sound creepy and ghostly, in my opinion, but knowing I am also part of them, it was hard to appreciate it.

"Yeah we should" Jason says before taking the little girl in his arms before kicking off his shoes, confidently walking to the water.

Cassy watched them before pulling her shirt over her head.
"No" Robert says before it's gone too far. He grabbed the shirt as Cassy squirmed.
"Get off me, Robert" She yells.
"No" Robert grunts before pulling her shirt down. "You're not showing yourself off like that"
"Whatever" She rolled her eyes before heading to the water, disappearing.

Robert's eyes still trained on Cassy as she walks to the water with her clothes on, even with the background laughs of Aaron and Elijah.

"That was good" I mumbled, a little bit too loud for Robert to hear.
"What's good?" He asks.
"You respect her" I answer. "You give her limits. That's good"
"Are you saying I'm a good boyfriend?"
"Yeah" I laugh as he follows. "Maybe you can say that"

My father always believed a relationship rooted with respect and trust. Even if I doubted it, I had to dream for a future like that. So far it was only my father in my list of people who respected Kathleen Montgomery before supernatural camp. Andre is a different matter. I barely even had to spend time with him. Which doesn't rate him as a bad brother but just that proves I'm a bad sister.

"Since it won't be Kath in draining the power of the border spell, then it'll be you" Elijah tells his brother.
"Deal" Aaron says too quickly. "As long as we get Amanda back"

I wouldn't even imagine the family reunion we were having with the 3. The 3 brothers aren't already getting along so well, what more so adding a sister.

"About Jessie?" I faced him. "What happened?"

Robert's eyes never left the water. "Our father took us. Elijah, Robert, Aaron and even Jessie as our mother took care of Amanda. It was our first time our parents were away from each other and it was hard for both of them. But they couldn't risk another problem for Jessie"