Chapter 19

The heavy weight rested on my shoulder.
From the 'immortal' self, to saving Rebecca, finding Amanda, Et Insuperabile's life depending on me. And oh, not to mention, I again am finding another long lost sister of one of my friends, Georgina, that only I James depends on.

Now adding a psychopath to my escape route feels like the responsibility doubles.

I ran my fingertips on my warm scalp remembering myself needing a bath for a long time.
But time is the one thing the glass of possibilities couldn't break. My time is too limited with a deadline, even for an immortal.
But promises should be done once it's made. Even if it's for a helpful and humble friend. It's the least I could do.

"What's the catch?" I gulped as I blurted quickly, not needing any further discussion.
The lights were blaring, slowly moving horizontal from a surely a human holder. Though it was dim, it acted like an hourglass and in every second, it becomes brighter that shows its distance.

"That's it" Naomi grunts but as she sees the lights shine behind her, panic was evident in her voice. "Hurry"

She wanted to get out, I know it. We were a group of leavers. The group will probably be the last ones who'll be able to escape, if we got out in time.
But what's the rush? Why now? Why ask at the exact time of departure?
Maybe something happened that gave her a reason to leave. Maybe she didn't want to stay in TSC anymore. But the endless possibilities of a maybe wasn't enough.

Cassy was still her hostage, so I had to think quick. I could allow her to come with me so Cassy would be safe, but that would be too easy. It would just show that I was easily convinced and manipulated. And as a leader, I wouldn't bother.

"You're scared" I pointed out, confidently strolling behind Robert to inch a closer to her.
"Stand back!" She demands, the knife digging into Cassy's throat. "Or else..."
"Or else what?"

Aaron stood by me, easily following my lead. "You'll hurt her"
"Oh yeah" Naomi nods mockingly.
"No you won't" I insisted, knowing the truth. "You did something"

My guess looked crystal clear as her whole body shook as she gulped.
She did something terrible. Who would escape TSC? Things are tough here, especially rules. Break them leads to jail time or death. I bet jail time looked much better than death to me, so it is to her. Then I figured she violated something worth more than prison. She would die if she stood a second more in TSC.

It was easy to find a rule-breaker here in TSC. No thieves stand a second more, it helps make the camp safe. Elijah mentioned that if they even manage a cloaking spell of some sort, the camp would just open up beneath them and swallow them whole, bringing them directly to hell with never ending torment and not in peace with Alicia.
I bet it's better to surrender and die quick than suffer in constant pain in hell.

But Naomi didn't take any percautions, she let her fear choose the path intended for her.

"You have to watch out, Yowms" Aaron chuckled teasingly. "I bet those dogs are for you"

Her face changed to total confidence to fright. She was distraught, and I could definitely read it in her face that looked dead.

She let go of Cassy.
Robert instantly took the shaking girl with him. Naomi's hands raised up in surrender as she pleaded.
"Please" She begged. I thought Aaron used his magic when the girl before us kneeled. But as I turned to him, his face was in shock from the sudden movements. "Take me with you"