Chapter 9

Surprisingly, my mind was clear. Despite the fact that I was nearly drowned by the same demon and multiple other incidents that involves near-death experience cleared my brain.

There were silence when we walked back to the wolfsbane mat,leaving the demon-infested waters.

James was a gentleman the whole time. He walked by me, his blade in hand as if he was ready for a surprise combat battle.

"You don't have to do that" I said, lowering his sword. "I'm fine"
"I have to protect you" He demands. "It's my duty"
I shrugged. "But really, I'll be okay"
Somehow that made him lower his weapon, leaving his head to shake. "You're right"
I smiled reassuringly as we both notice the growing chemistry within us.

______

"How do we leave?"

Robert's hand balled up, resting it on his right hand in the wooden tables. It was near noon and the sun was beating hot so we decided to resume training around in an hour or so. Besides, the events happened to quickly with the demon. I guess we deserved the rest.

"There's a special spell wrapping the camp's borders" James mentioned as we turned to face Elijah.
"I can't handle that much power" He argues. "Only the coven can"
"Can you drain it?" I asked curiously. "You're not exactly holding it, you're just letting go"
They turned to me and nodding slowly.
"I can try" He sighed. "Tho I need backup, major supremo backup"
They all faced me then. "Alright"

I was too confident for even my own liking but I had to try doing something to help.

"Magic isn't easy, Kath" Robert sighed. "It may trigger different parts of you, you don't even want to feel"

Fear touched my spine, making me jump slightly. "I have to help Elijah if no one else can"
Nobody argued. "There are still guards in the front gate"
"Campers?" I asked.
"More like military retirees" Cassy answers. "We may remove the spell but the gate is still heavily guarded"

"How many are there?" James interrupted.
"4" Cassy answered. But they are as strong as Robert. Like I said, military retirees. Early retirees"

James smirked, "I'll handle that"
"No" I insisted. "If you expose your bites to the guards, Duke will figure its you who escaped the camp without notice"
"Who said I'll bite" He snickered, turning to me.

I gulped over his statement. Somehow James smirking made a different feel to me, especially after what happened.

"Just saying" I mumbled, hiding my embarrassment from the crew.

"Robert and I could deal with them" James says. "We just need distractions"

Our crew looked small and young to distract such guards but a light flickered in my mind. "I have an idea"

_______

Training resumed an hour later and the plan looked like was all in place. We will be leaving in 2 days, that early morning for an even amount of training and an early leave to hell.

The couple searched the pool for any further threats but as they said, "It's clean"

"How do you think she got there?" I asked James as he sighed.
"Not sure. Demons resurrects from hell in hot places. It's either she swam there or she came from hell there"
We watched the couple do their searching playfully and romantically.
"Kath"
I turned to face him.