Taken (A Niall Horan Fan Fiction)

• Dedicated to The One Direction boys

~Authors Note~ Ok!  So the story hasn't started but just wanted to let you know that this is a fan fiction made by me and my best firend (one will be typing the odd numbered chapters (me) she will be typing the even numbered chapters). This is just a fan fiction to show our directioner love for One Direction. If this gets enough comments, we will take requests from what the viewers want to see next. Don't be afraid to give an honest opinion. :) xx

Chapter 1:

           It was a regular, hot, humid, sunny day in the life of Florida. My name is Amber. Amber Turner. The not-so-popular girl at school with the crazy mom that everyone is always trying to get away from. It was early in the morning, I was standing in front of my mirror combing my naturally wavy dirty blonde hair. I set my hair up in a simple bun and added a little bow for some attention in my dull face before I began to apply just a little eyeliner to my hazel eyes. I put on my boring royal blue uniform and long khakis and  slipped on some simple black converse and grabbed my purse. Just another boring day in the life of Amber Turner at the simple dollar store that nobody ever goes to for the fact that there’s a huge mall right in front of it that always seems to be filled with people. There’s only one thing that cheers me up in my day. And that little spark of joy is the boy, my best friend, Damon Carter. The feeling I feel when I look into his cobalt blue eyes and the softness in his brown hair is indescribable. How I love that boy!

            I sneakily run out the door before I wake my mom, Margaret, up. Margaret is the main thing that brings me down. She’s never been there for me, not even for the day that we lost our grandmother which was like my best friend. She just saw me cry my eyes out. Asking for her to not be drunk and be a kind, full-hearted person is like asking for rain while standing in the middle of a desert. Margaret (I wish I never called her mom since the first minute I was born) is rarely ever home, for she is out asking people for money so she can use for liquor. When she DOES come home, though, she’s a completely different person. She’s not my loving mother that I know she can be. Margaret is an abuser. She hits me every time she can lay her hands on me and she has even kicked my 2 year old Cocker Spaniel named Delilah, who is the second greatest thing in my life. It leaves me breathless how she can be so cruel and not care.

            Ok! Back to the present! I hopped into my 2004 black Prius and drove off to my job. When I got there, I saw Damon preparing the cash register. I run up to him and give him the most loving hug I can give someone. Damon says in his husky voice “Good morning, love!” I reply ”G’mornin’!” I go off to straighten out and organize the packs of gum and candy because recently it had looked a mess. I realized only Damon, the other cashier, Grace, and I were the only ones on the job today. The rest of the day was pretty boring. We only got like 13 customers max. But hey! Before we knew it we were gathering our things and locking up. Right now I was driving Damon home since he didn't own a car, since his parents can't afford one, so on the way to work he usually walks or uses public transportation. Every day I'm more and more grateful of having a car, and I owe it all to my father Scott who saved up enough of his time and money to buy me my Prius. I'm actually proud to call Scott ‘dad’. I wish I could be with him right now but sadly he's in the Navy fighting for his country. Everyday I worry more and more about him I can't imagine my life without him. I just can't process the thought of having two young men knocking on our door in the afternoon handing us a letter. I can't......I just can't. That's why I try to make the best of it and not think about it too much.