「ten」

Lele's POV

July fourth was coming up in a two weeks. That day will be the first time that Lele ever experienced America's Independence day. In fact, that was one of the main reasons Lele came to Florida- to celebrate with the rest of her American family.

Lele kept her mind off Juanpa these pass few days because she highly doubt she would ever see him again. Their messages were fading away and the say, Friday, have past for them to meet somewhere.

Lele was sitting down behind the large dining table by herself, drinking a hot glass of Nescafé. She watched the silly television show of 'Tom and Jerry' with her cousins.

As she was finished with her drink, she slid the chair, back, against the wooden floor as it creaked and she head towards the kitchen to rest her glass in the full sink and strolled up the stairs to her room, only to realize that her mother was sitting on the bed, searching through her phone.

Her mother looked up with such rage and from that moment, Lele knew that she was in trouble.

"Who's Juanpa?!" She yelled. Lele eyes circled around the room and her heart pounded against her chest. She did not understand that she was a full grown adult but could not message a guy she met but she also knew that since she was under her mother still, she had to obey her rules.

"He's a guy I met in Hawaii," Lele stammered.

"What I told you about guys? Eh?!"

"But mom," Lele paused and sat next to her mom, taking a deep breath in, *when you were a girl, my age, didn't you have this guy you loved? And you just had to do anything just to keep in touch with him?"

"Lele! Stop that! Your pettiness ain't go work here!"

"Ma. But you have to understand that I'm an adult since maybe three or four years ago and I'm in love."

"I understand that, Eleonora," Lele hated to hear people use her real name, "but I want to protect you. There are so many creeps out there and right now, you are still under my responsibility."

"Then how am I to get out if I don't have my own house and a boyfriend to be there to protect me? What about you and dad? You still love him." Lele's mother held her shoulder and smiled.

"Lele. I have no problem with you loving anyone but you could have told me you liked this guy. Yes, we may have been going through some arguments but it will be better than this,"

"Sorry ma."

"But I don't want you texting him!" Her mother snapped, grabbing the phone and exiting the room.