Father's day with Fredrick

Annabeth
"You should consider yourself lucky." Percy said. "I don't have a father to do Father's Day stuff with." Percy complained. "Don't get me wrong. I love my dad, Percy but sometimes he's... unbearable, insufferable, intolerable, another word that means I can't stand him." I said. My brilliant mind sprung an Idea. "Hey, why don't you do me a favor and in return you'll get your wish." "10 kids!?" "No. You can spend Father's Day with my Dad doing your man things and whatever and I...I don't know what I get out of this but yeah you can spend the day with my dad. I'm sure he'll be happy to have a "Son" for the day." I said. "Actually that doesn't sound that bad. Ok, I'll do it." Percy said.

We drove up to my Dad's house. I went up to the porch and knocked on the door. My Dad answered. I hugged him. "Happy Father's Day Dad!" I said from around his neck. "Oh thank you darling. Hello Percy!" My dad said. We let go. "So Dad. I think it would be a great idea if you and Percy hung out for the day. Percy doesn't have a Dad and it's important for you two to get along so yeah!" I said pushing Percy a little closer to my Dad. "You know that actually isn't a bad idea-" my dad started off. "I know I'm a genius!" I said cutting him off. He smiled and rolled his eyes. "You sound just like your mother." My dad muttered. I winked at him. I pulled Percy into a quick kiss. "Ok have fun. I love you." I mumbled quiet enough so my Dad couldn't hear. "I love you too." Percy whispered back. I waved my dad goodbye hopped in the car and drove back to Long Island.

Percy
After a few minutes of Fredrick and I debating on what to do we thought that mini golfing was a good idea. I was horrible at it! Fredrick got a good kick out of my failure which I didn't mind cause I knew I was bad at mini golf. But Fredrick on the other hand, was amazing at mini golf! He could get the ball in the hole on his first try. He would yell "Four!" But that mad no sense because he didn't miss the ball four times. We both had fun. We made small talk while he watched me fail.

After Fredrick completely destroyed me in mini golf we went to a local diner and got some coffee, well he got coffee. I got a hot chocolate because I've never really liked coffee. Fredrick got into showing me pictures of Annabeth when she was little that he had stored away in his wallet. "And this is her when she was only 9 months old." Fredrick said passing a picture over to me. Annabeth's normally tan skin was as white as paper when she was a baby, yet I recognized those grey sparkling eyes anywhere.  "You know Percy, Annabeth has a tendency to think that I don't care for her and maybe sometimes she may make me sound like a terrible person but no matter how much the two of us fight, we'll she's still my little girl." Fredrick said. I though about the many times Annabeth has vented to me about her dad being unbearable, insufferable, intolerable... another word that means she can't stand him. "She'll come around." I said quietly.

At sunset we went back to Fredrick's house and jus talked while we waited for Annabeth to come back. She came to pick me up around 7:30 pm. I walked out to the car and jumped into the front seat. As soon as she saw me she pulled me into a kiss as if she hasn't seen me in years. She waved at her Dad and we drove off. "So how was your Day?" She asked gripping my hand as she drove. "It was great! I saw some really great naked baby pictures of you." I teased. She rolled her eyes. I pulled her hand up and kissed the top of it as we drove back to Camp half blood.