Prologue

A/N: I decided to put a prologue in to spice things up a bit. It lives a tragedy that happened to Athena, if you continue you'll soon find out ;) I hope you like it and don't forget to vote and comment what you like or should do different about it! :D Have an incredible day!

-Joanna <3

***

I put a pink shirt on and cover it up with a dark blue jean jacket on the Barbie in my hand. I slip on a dark blue jean shorts and pull them up to Rachel's waist. I named her Rachel because my mommy's name is Rachel. I love my mommy, I wish she would come home soon, I miss her.

I put on black boots that go up to Rachel's knees.

"Heeey Rachel, you look good gurl!" I imitate what I picture Jade's voice would sound like. Jade is wearing a green dress that ends just above her knees and a pair of green heels.

"Gurl, you kno-" I get cut off by a door opening. I look to see my mommy walking through the door with baggage in each of her hands.

"Mommy! You're home!" I run towards her with my arms open. I hug her upper legs. She bends down lower so we our face to face. I hug her as I snuggle against her shoulder.

I am pulled away from my mom by Jorge. I frown as I cross my hands over my chest. "Hey!" I scowl.

Jorge pulls my mom away and he whisper something to her. It must have been something scary because her eyes widen and she whispered something back nervously.

Just as they were whispering one last thing to each other, the front door slammed open and hit against the wall. Frightened, I run into the living room and hide behind a table. My mommy backed up and walked slowly into the living room, not leaving her eyes towards the front door. She stands in front of the table I am hiding behind and has her arms out defensively. A dozen of men in black crowd the front of the house and run inside with big guns that I see in tv. Shhh don't tell mommy.

Jorge reaches for something in the back of his pants and pulls something out. I pull myself closer to the ground, trying to make myself invisible as possible.

Jorge crouches behind a chair and rests his wrist on the arm of the chair with a pistol in his hand. My eyes widen in shock and I close them shut, not wanting to know what is going to happen next.

Jorge fires his pistol as more gunshots fire towards our direction. I scoot backwards as I push my heels of my feet and the palm of my hands backwards in a crab style fashion.

A few men fall to the floor with a puddle of blood flowing out from their chest and head. They are really good actors, that looks so real... I scream. I cry softly and mumble to myself, "They're dead, they're dead... " I rock back and forth, sobbing softly as I cover my ears with my hands, trying to block out the sound.

My mom runs around the table and blocks me from the gunfight. She pulls out a pistol as well, and starting firing. A few more guys fall limp to the floor with a loud thud.

A bullet flies through the air and aims straight for my mom's head. To goes through with a clear shot as she tumbles on top of me with her lifeless eye still open. I scream and wail, "Mommy wake up! Please wake up! I love you mommy, please don't go!" I shake her shoulders as I continue to cry my heart out. I hiccup as I hug her tight hoping she is faking.

Jorge reloads his gun with ease and continues to shoot. With a final shot, Jorge runs to where my mother and I are. He sees what happened and hugs me as tight as I was to my mom. I wrap my bloody hands around his torso and continue to cry for the loss of my mom.