The Incident

Writers note: This chapter was a bit difficult for me but i feel like it turned out okay by the end. I also wrote this chapter around 3 am so that was most likely my problem. But if it wasn't good enough for me, I wouldn't be posting it so I have confidence in my story!! :)

Mitch's POV

I ran out the door of Johnny Rockets and into the car. I need to get out of here, I don't want Scott coming after me. I hurry and started the engine and backed out of the parking lot. I drove as fast as I possibly could (being legal) to a Dairy Queen parking lot just down the road from here. Tears streamed down my face as I pulled in. I stopped the car and just started sobbing. How could he be dating someone? How could he say something so hurtful like that? Why did I get so defensive? I made everything so much more worse than it needed to be. Uhg. I ruin everything. Scott is just so perfect, his beautiful stormy, blue eyes; the way he laughed; his muscly, body structure. How could someone be so cute and sexy all at once? Stop it Mitch!! Don't torture yourself like this. I started replaying the conversation over and over again through my brain. The disappointed look in his eyes were burned into my memory. I can't go back home to Scott. I just can't. I grabbed my phone from the passenger seat and started to call Kirstie. The phone rang for about ten seconds when she finally picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Kirstie?" I said with a stuffy nose.

"Mitch? Is everything alright?" She asked in a concerned voice, noticing I had been crying.

I suddenly broke down on the phone and started sobbing again, "Can I please spend the night at your house tonight?"

"Of course. Come over right now, we can talk when you get here. Ill get you my wolf blanket and a cup of coffee. How's that sound?"

I chuckled a little, "That would be wonderful."

"Alright, I'll unlock the door for you, Hun." I could hear the smile in her voice as I chuckled and we both hung up.

I wiped the tears from under my eyes and took a big sniff. Okay, okay. I'm gonna suck it up and stop crying.

I unexpectedly heard my phone receive a text message.

Mitch, please come home. We need to talk about this.

Tears started flowing out of my eyes and I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I needed to get to Kirstie's house for her comfort and support. I started the car and drove down the road while the sun started setting. The tears fogged my vision a bit but I couldn't stop crying. Scott and I never get into heated arguments like that. We always got along so well, I just couldn't let this stupid Liam have Scott. Liam doesn't deserve Scott. They just met! And considering after how Jacob cheated on Scott, he should be more careful with who he dates. But I guess I didn't let him be sad about Jacob because I was moping around. I should have comforted Scott when I had the chance, maybe things would have been different if I would have. The light turned green and I pressed on the gas when suddenly headlights appeared from my left side then everything went black.

••••