The Hospital

Writers Note: Soooo. I almost took out some of the first part but I was like whatever, ill be spontaneous and keep it. Thanks so much for all the votes and comments!! You are very much appreciated!!

Mitch's POV

I tried to open my eyes except everything was so bright. I closed my eyes tightly. Am I dead?
Suddenly there were head lights flashing to my left side. The car rolled and I woke up upside down, blood ran down my face. I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my head above my ear. I moved my hand around the top of my head until I felt an even worse pain. I brought my hand to eye level and it was covered in dark, red blood. My stomach became queasy. I need to get out of this car. The entire front windshield was shattered; the air bag was slowly deflating. I tried to maneuver my legs so I could open the car door but my entire right leg was in awful pain. I must have broken it. I hear sirens and cars skidding to a stop. My eye lids became heavier and heavier until I closed my eyes and everything was pitch black.
I lifted my head up quickly, looking around and breathing heavily. Ouch, I grabbed my wrist in pain, a tan colored brace was wrapped around it. An IV stuck out of my bruised, right forearm with blood racing through the tube. My right leg was hanging from a sling with a large black cast around it. I'm not dead. I didn't die. Why couldn't I have died in that accident? Couldn't he have mercy on me this once and have killed me? I didn't want to see Scott, especially not in this condition. I noticed the door open quietly and gently. An older woman wearing a nurse outfit walked in. She gave me a soft, pleasant smile.
"You're awake."
I showed my dimples off a bit while looking down at my wrist.
"Yeah.. I'm awake."
"How are you feeling?" She asked stepping closer to my bed side.
"W-what happened?" I tried to hold back the tears. Her eyes gave me sorrowful look while her mouth told me otherwise with a big fake smile.
"Oh, honey," she grabbed my hand without the brace and patted it, "You were in a pretty bad accident and you had a bit of surgery, but don't worry you'll be out of here in no time," She said in the most cheery way possible.
"Could I have a glass of water?" I asked her trying to get some time to myself.
"Of course," she responded walking out the door.
I started to drift off until I finally fell asleep.