Deja Vu

Writers Note: So this one is kinda short, definitely not one of my favorite chapters but it fits in with the next chapter I will be updating. So yeah. When I was driving from Salt Lake to Vegas I saw some of the most beautiful sights ever and I decided Mother Nature is truly the most beautiful artist of all. It was amazing, so if you get the chance to do that I would advice you to cause it's amazing.

Scott's POV

Kirstie turned around as I walked in the waiting room. Her left arm across her stomach and her right arm resting on the left as she bit on the tips of her fingers nervously.

She removed her hand from her mouth, "He'll be okay."

I let out a sigh and wrapped my long arms around her as her head cradled into my chest and I felt her arms go around my waist.

"It's been a long day.." I said resting my head onto hers.

Everything was still, all the navy blue chairs were empty and the clock ticked. Then we heard foot steps. A blonde man with a long white coat walked up to us. I released Kirstie but she stayed close to me.

"How about we sit down?" The doctor asked us.

I had sudden déjà vu, it was my dream. I felt tears rise to my eyes as we sat down on the navy blue chairs closest to where we were standing.

Kirstie held my hand tightly. The sound of the secretary's pencil scratching words on a paper filled the room. My heart pounded faster and faster. Each second slower than than the one before. The doctor sat down slowly and cupped his hands together. His lips curled up in his mouth, hiding. Then taking a big breath he said, "Mitch will be okay." He looked at both of us back and forth to make sure our stress was relieved.

We both sighed out of relief and smiled at each other.

"He should be able to come home in 2 or 3 days."

I gave Kirstie a half frown, at least he's okay.

"Thank you." She said politely.

He nodded and left to do other business.

After I saw him disappear in the distance I said to Kirstie, "I don't think I can wait that long for him to come home."

She squeezed my hand again and gave me a reassuring look. I knew what she was thinking, her face said it all. She didn't even need to speak and she knew that, so she didn't.

We both picked ourselves up and headed towards Mitch's room.

She slowly turned the door knob on the wooden door, trying not to disturb Mitch. Avi and Kevin sit in some chairs next to the window, leaning their heads on another, half asleep. To the right of the window lies Mitch in his bed. His eyes are half awake as well. Bruises, scratches, and small burns cover his sickly pale face. He looked so helpless and painful. I just wanted to pick him up and take him home to Wyatt and watch Sponge Bob with him, make him laugh. I couldn't take it anymore, I turned my face away and shuttered.

"Scott?" I heard a weak voice call for me. I kneeled next to his bed and held his small hand gently, trying not to hurt him.

He closed his eyes softly and smiled when he felt me pick up his hand, "I wasn't sure if you were coming back."

A warm, salty tear rolled down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away.

"The doctor said you could come home in 2-3 days," I replied changing the subject.

"I'll get to see Wyatt."

I chuckled, "Yeah, you will. And we can watch Sponge Bob and eat cereal all day. How's that sound?"

He gave me a weak smile, "Spectacular."

I suddenly felt Kirstie touch me on the shoulder, I totally forgot everyone else was here. It felt as if it were just me and Mitch in the room. I turned to see her face, she gave me look of desperation, i moved so she could talk to Mitch. She sat on his bed and moved his hair out of his face. Tracing her fingers all the way around his forehead and down to his chin. He tried to whisper something to her but it was too soft. She moved her hair out of the way and leaned down to his mouth to listen. As he spoke a grin appeared on her face. Then he closed his eyes and fell asleep peacefully. She got up and sat down on a chair, I moved scooted over to her, "What did he tell you?" I whispered to her, trying not to disturb Mitch's sleeping.

She chuckled and shook her head, "Nothing."