Don't Lie To Me

You were walking along a road somewhere between the friend's house you had just been visiting, and your house. It was dark, so you knew to stay out of the alleyways that most likely hid murderers, so you decided to take the main roads which were lit up by street lights. Unfortunately, today the murderers had decided to take the main roads too.

As you continued walking, you felt a breeze pass you, and saw a flash of lightening travelling along the road. Slightly confused, you decided you must've been hallucinating, and pondered this for a while, completely oblivious to the scene you were walking into. Consumed by your thoughts, all you were registering (and even then, barely) was that you were putting one foot in front of the other, until you weren't.

Snapping back to reality, you realised that a man in a Parka had walked up to you and placed a fancy gun to your head. He slowly turned you both around until you saw two people - a man in a fire resistant outfit, and the superhero you realised was the Flash.

"Let us walk or I shoot the girl." The man you were involuntarily pressed up against said.

The Flash sent you a concerned and apologetic look, but you smiled slightly in an attempt to reassure him, and winked, but only enough so the other two men wouldn't notice. After receiving a confused expression, you decided to explain yourself.

"Don't worry about me, Flash." You smirked, turning your head a little to face the man who was holding you. "Their triggers are frozen in place."

The second the words had left your lips, the two men laughed, and the other one tried to fire his gun, but to no avail. Seeing his struggle, the one who, from certain angles, looked like he was hugging you, turned his gun towards the Flash and tried to fire. Hearing him growl under his breath, you knew that the gun hadn't worked.

"Well, look at that, Cold, looks like you're nothing without your gun. You can't even threaten the girl anymore." The Flash smugly said.

"Don't think that this means you've won, Flash. I have more tricks up my sleeve than you could believe."

"Don't believe him. He's lying. In fact, you're at the advantage here, Flash. After all, these two men are stuck to the floor."

The men shot each other confused glances, and tried to move their feet, realising that they indeed couldn't move them.

Seeing this, the Flash super sped over to you and grabbed you out of the man's hands, placing you back on the sidewalk near him.

"Hey!" The man who hadn't spoken yet yelled. "How'd you do that to our feet?"

As you started to walk away, you looked over your shoulder at them, and felt like you had helped the Flash cheat at this battle. After all, it wasn't exactly a fair fight anymore. And so, you smiled at him and opened your mouth.

"I didn't do anything."

And straight away, the men picked their feet up off the ground and started running towards the Flash, firing their guns at him.

*************************

When you got home, you decided you needed a drink, so you looked in your cupboards for some alcohol. Not finding any, you pulled your coat back on and left the house, heading for the pub a few streets away.

Sitting at the bar, you ordered a drink, and a few minutes later, a tall girl with long brown hair and an awesome outfit topped off with a leather jacket came and sat next to you.

After 5 minutes of sitting in silence sipping your drinks, the girl turned to you.

"Hi. Are you OK? You look a bit upset." She asked, a concerned expression on her face.