The Ball

On Ella's seventh birthday, her mother and her cousin, Lunar Eclipse, were out in the garden with the queen and Ella. Lunar went over to Ella and handed her something. Ella screamed and threw it on the ground. A rat scurried around them and went to Ella's mother. She picked it up and pet it. The rat was white with blue eyes. Ella slowly walked over to her mother. She looked at the rat and held her small hand out. The rat scurried onto it and she smiled. "Momma?" Ella looked at her mother. "Yes, darling?" Her mother looked at her. "May I keep it?" She asked. "Yes you may."Her mother smiled at her daughter. Ella ran off and the queen looked at her younger sister. "Honestly, Amaris, I don't see how you let her keep those beasts."She said with a look of disgust. "Nokomis you must give them what they want or they will hate you for it."Amaris said smiling at the guard that was walking toward them. "Your Majesty. Your Highness."He said and bowed. "Sir Jericho Jannali what is the meaning of this intrusion?" Nokomis demanded. "Princess Ella Snow was found in the west wing tower lying on the floor unconscious."He said. Amaris held a hand to her mouth,"Take me to her, now please." Jericho walked inside followed by Amaris, Nokomis, and Lunar.

 Ella Snow woke up in a blindingly white room. She sat up and looked around. Her mother was sitting in a chair next to the bed that she was in. She got down from the bed and walked outside the room. Nokomis was sitting with Lunar outside the room. She saw her father down the hall. "Poppa!"She yelled sprinting toward him. He turned around just in time to scoop her up into his arms. "Shhh quiet Ella not in public."He snapped. Ella smiled,"Sorry guess I forgot." Amaris came out of the room and glided down the hall to Jericho and Ella. "Ella! Sweetheart don't you ever scare momma like that again."She said and looked at Jericho,"Thank you." Ella was put down and she followed her mother.

  Nokomis' hatred for Ella grew more and more each year. When Ella turned seventeen she was the most beautiful princess the kingdom had ever seen. Lunar was now nineteen and queen. Amaris was throwing a ball for Ella. her dress was silky white, she had silver slippers, off-white gloves, and her hair was back in curls. Amaris walked into her room and gasped when she saw Ella. "Oh, darling, you look beautiful."She hugged her daughter. Amaris was dressed in a dark blue floor length ball gown. Her hair was in curls. Ella smiled and looked at her mother stepped back. "They are ready for you."She said. Ella dipped her head in a small nod. Amaris walked out and Ella followed her. She stopped at the doors and waited until they opened and she was announced. She glided in and stopped on the balcony of the ballroom. She walked down the staircase and went to the throne next to her mother and sat down. Nokomis was standing near the buffet eyeing Ella. a young man approached Ella and bowed. "Good evening your Majesty."He said. "Prince Johnathan, to what do we owe the pleasure?"Lunar said. "I would like to dance with your cousin if that is alright?"He said, glancing at Ella. Nokomis came from behind him and replied,"Sorry but I need to speak to the princess." Ella stood and followed her aunt out onto the balcony that overlooked the lake beneath it.

Nokomis went all the way to the balconies edge and gestured with her finger for Ella to join her. "Don't worry you won't fall."She said. Ella went to the edge of the balcony and looked over the edge. Nokomis grabbed her hand and flipped her over the balcony. Ella grabbed onto the edge with her free hand. "I should have gotten rid of you a long time ago."She sneered and let go of her hand. Ella plummeted down screaming and then plunged into the lake after going down twelve stories.

"HELP! Ella fell off the balcony!"Nokomis screamed. Aramis, twelve guards, Lunar, and Prince Johnathan ran to the balcony. Aramis screamed and put her face into Jericho's shoulder. "Our baby girl, she... she's gone."She cried.