Not Dead

Ella surfaced and sputtered. "Hey!" A man's voice yelled out. Suddenly four hands were pulling her out of the water. "Excuse me miss are you alright?"A female voice asked. Ella opened her eyes and saw a blonde haired girl, a blonde haired boy, a red haired girl and a blue haired girl. "Yes I am quite alright."she said, standing up she had a sharp pain in her head. "Whoa, take it easy."the man said. "Alright. Who are you?"She asked. "Well this is Alice, Crescent, Lilly, and I'm Jason."He said. The red haired girl, Alice, took Ella's hand and took her into a large house. "Sit." She said. Ella sat on a hard chair and waited. Crescent, the blue haired girl, came in with a white box. Lilly sat next to Ella and dabbed her temple with a white cloth that came away red. Ella's eyes widened. "Don't worry it's not bad."Alice said putting a bandage on her temple. "Alright." She said. Jason came in the room with a pair of cargo pants, a t-shirt, and combat boots and handed them to her. "Go put these on."He said. Ella put them on and Alice put her hair into a fishtail braid. Ella thanked her and went into the dining area. "We forgot to ask you something. What is your name?"Crescent asked her. "Um... Ella Snow."She said. "Like the princess?"Lilly asked her. "Exactly like the princess."Ella smiled. "But that's not possible. The princess was just announced dead because she fell into the lake."Alice said. Ella grit her teeth. "Yeah I'm the 'dead' princess."Ella said.

Nokomis smiled and quickly walked down to the lake to watch for any floating princesses. "Mother, why? Why would you do this?" Lunar appeared behind her. "She was getting too much attention." Nokomis said. "It's not right! You shouldn't have done that." Lunar yelled at Nokomis. "Shh listen..."Nokomis said as she heard voices in the distance. She walked over to the noise and saw five people standing outside a large building. "Excuse me? What is going on?"Nokomis asked. "We are having a cookout." A red haired girl said. "Your Highness."a blue haired girl curtsied to Lunar. "I'm sorry we have disrupted your cookout."Lunar said. "No worries your Majesty."A familiar sounding voice said. The girl was dressed in cargo pants, white tee, and combat boots. "Excuse me but you sound familiar."Nokomis said coming towards her. 

    Jason stepped in front of Nokomis and said,"That's just our robot. She likes to disguise her voice sometimes." "Alright." Nokomis said. Lunar and Nokomis left and Ella lifted her head. "Thanks much, Jason."She said and kissed his cheek. Ella yawned and followed Alice inside. There were four bedrooms and Ella had to sleep with Crescent. She gave Ella a white nightgown and brushed her hair after she put it on. Everyone was asleep except for Ella. She couldn't sleep so she got up and walked into the hallway. She stepped on a creaky floorboard and flinched. Quickly she ran outside. The wind was blowing slightly. Her nightgown whipped around her ankles. "You can't sleep?"Jason's voice sounded. Startled she turned around and said,"No, you?" He shook his head. He was in athletic pants and a tank top. Ella shifted on her feet and looked up at the moon. "My aunt flung me over the balcony. I should've seen it coming. Her hateful looks towards me, her mean comments. All of that was out of jealousy. All because I was the fairest in the kingdom and a boy asked me to dance."Ella started crying and before she knew it Jason was hugging her and she was crying into his shoulder.

    "Jericho what are we going to do? Our baby is out there I just know it."Amaris said to Jericho. "There's nothing we can do."Jericho said to his wife. "We can't just give up!"She said and ran out the doors outside.