A Warrior Princess

Jason and Ella fell asleep on the sand near the lake. They talked all night and she cried half the time. When Ella woke up Alice and Crescent were staring at them. Ella got up and brushed her nightgown off. Jason groaned and sat up. "I don't think I've ever been so tired."He said. Ella went inside and put on the clothes that Crescent had laid out for her. It was a white romper that had red flower decals. Alice put her hair in a regular braid and gave her some gladiator sandals.

"Whoa, you look... um... good?"Jason stuttered. Ella blushed a deep color of red. "Thank you?"She squeaked. She sat down next to the fire pit with Crescent. Alice was making some sort of oatmeal-soup stuff. Ella took a bowl and tasted it. It actually tasted good despite the way it looked. "It tastes good?"Crescent asked. Ella nodded. Once everyone was done with their food Jason announced that he was going into the woods to look for things that might be useful. "I want to come!"Emma shouted. Alice looked between Crescent and Jason. "I don't see a problem with it."Crescent said. "Does she even know how to use a weapon?"Alice asked Jason. "She's a princess, of course she doesn't."He said. "You could just give me a crash course."Ella said quietly. "That's actually not a bad idea."Alice said. Jason walked over to Ella and handed her a gun. Ella tensed up. "Don't be scared the safety is on."He said. "Now hold it like I'm holding mine."He said demonstrating by holding out his arms and positioning himself. Ella mimicked him and pointed it at a fish under the water. She turned off the safety and pulled the trigger. She jumped back. "Whoa, she's a pro."Alice and Jason said in unison. Ella stumbled against Jason and turned back on the safety. "My ears hurt now."She wined. 

    Jason and Emma walked into the woods and passed by a couple of abandoned cottages. Emma walked a few feet behind Jason. She heard a crinkling noise. "Jason?" She said nervously. "Yeah?" He asked and kept walking. "I heard somethi-"Something put a hand over her mouth and she screamed. She saw Jason turn around with his gun drawn. "You shoot she dies."A deep voice said. "Alright." Jason said lowering his gun. Ella squirmed and elbowed the man. Suddenly Ella bit the man's hand and fell forward. She tried running toward Jason but the man grabbed her hand and pulled her to the ground. She landed on a sharp rock. Crying out in pain she kicked his leg. He let go of her and cursed. She ran towards Jason and made it to him this time. Her side was oozing blood. Jason took off his shirt and wrapped it around her waist. The man that attacked her was tall with black hair, green eyes,and had scars on his face. "Ella go get help."Jason said. Ella ran into the woods holding her pulsing side.

Ella found a small city and ran to the first person. "Excuse me we need help. Someone attacked us in the woods and my friend. He ... he's still back there."She said quickly. "Ma'am you are bleeding come I will clean your wound."The woman said. "No my friend he's still back there."She said. The woman took her hand and they went to a small house. The woman got some ointment, bandages, a cloth, and water in a bowl. "Now my dear, what is your name?"She asked Ella. "My name is Ella. what is yours?"She said. The woman cleaned Ella's wound and wrapped a bandage around her stomach so that it covered the wound. "My name is Rosa Luna."She said. "My friend is still out there I need people to help me find him."Ella said looking towards the woods. "We have men that know those woods well. Maybe they could help you."She said smiling. "Oh thank you!"Ella exclaimed.