Ch.7

We eventually get to the carnival and see a bunch of detectives crowding around. "Check it out. five-oh" Dean says and walks in the direction of the detectives. Sam looks slightly oblivious as i turn to him and ask "Five-oh?". "Oh, um yeah, means cops" he nods, just as a small woman in a clown outfit passes by him and he nervously looks over. 

"Did you get her number" Dean chuckled as he approached. Sam scowled "More murders?". "Two more last night" Dean replies. "By a clown?" I ask, "Yeah, a clown, who apparently vanished into thin air" Dean says. "Dean, you know, looking for a cursed object is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. It could be anything" Sam replies. "Cursed object?" I ask again and turn slightly to Sam. "Something a spirit attaches itself too, basically" He replies smiling slightly. "Oh, sure. Sorry" I say, feeling slightly like a burden, which is one of the reasons I did not want to come! "It's probably best you stick with at least one of us for awhile" Sam replies and I nod. "I guess we're just going to have to blend in" Dean says pointing at the 'Help wanted' sign. 

*

"You lot picked a hell of a time to join up. Take a seat" Mr. Cooper says. There were three seats available, two were normal and the other was a pink chair with a giant clown face on it. Me and Dean rush to the normal chairs. Sam scowled at us as he awkwardly sat down in the clown chair. "We've got all kinds of local trouble" Mr. Cooper continued. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Oh, a couple of folks got themselves murdered. Cops always seem to start here first... So, you three ever worked the circuit before?" He asks. 

After trying to pretend we had done this type of job before, he kind of realised we had no idea about anything like this, and so eventually start explaining about his dad's freakshow. 

*

"Um..." Dean started. "What?" Sam asked. "The whole, uh, I don't want to go back to school thing. Were you just saying that to Cooper or were you, you know, saying it? Sam?". "Wait you went to school? As in College?" I asked Sam. He nodded "Stanford, I was about to go to law school" He nods at me. I nod my head approvingly, damn. "And I don't know Dean". "You don't know? I thought that once the demon was dead and the fat lady sings that you were gonna take off, head back to Wussy State" Dean replies. I look over at Sam to see his expression, which there wasn't much of. "I'm having second thoughts" He says shaking his head. "Really?" he asks. "Yeah. I think, I think that dad would have wanted me to stick with the job" Sam replied. I could feel the air getting tense. "Since when did you give a damn what Dad wanted? You spent half your life doing exactly what he didn't want, Sam" Dean said, stopping and turning to face him. I moved slightly in-between them, as I was scared something would kick off. "Since he died, okay? Do you have a problem with that?" Sam spat back. Dean shook his head and continued walking "Nah, I don't have a problem at all".

*

Me and Dean walked over to the closest dumpster with the trash bags we had in our hands, "ugh I hate this" I say as we throw the trash into the dumpster. "Sorry princess, this job can get dirty sometimes" Dean chuckles and his phone starts to ring - one more reason I don't want to do this job, I don't want to get dirty. "Hello?... What's the matter? You sound like you just saw a clown... Like a real human skeleton?... Did the bones give off EMF?... We should check it out anyway. We're heading to you" Dean says into the phone and hangs up. "Sam?" I ask. "Yeah" He nods. 

I scream slightly as someone grabs onto my arm firmly. "What are you doing here, kids?" The Blind man asks. "We're... Uh..." I start before pausing, not knowing exactly what to say. "We were sweeping"  Dean jumps in. "Bull! and what were you talking about? Skeletons? Whats EMF?" The blind man curiously asks. "Dude, your blind man hearing is out of control" Dean says slightly impressed by this guys impeccable hearing. "We're a tight-knit group, we don't like outsiders, we take care of our own problems" He replies. "We got a problem?" Dean asks, looking at him curiously. "You tell me, you're the one talking about human bones" He replies. "Do you believe in ghosts" I jump in and say quickly. Dean looks at me very surprised. "What!?" Dean and the Blind man both say in unison. "Me and my friends here... we're writing a book about them" I say, sighing with relief afterwards. "Stay out of trouble kids" He says and walks off. "Well that was close..." I say to Dean. "come on we need to go find Sammy". 

We run over to Sam just in time to hear a little girl say "Mommy, look at the clown!". We all look over in the direction that she is pointing and the mum replies "What clown?". There was nothing in the direction that the little girl was pointing... "We should follow them" Sam says looking at Dean. "What? Why?" I reply. "Look AJ, you gotta be on the look out all the time, that little girl was pointing at nothing, it must be something" Dean replied. "Ok, gotcha, lets go boys!" I say patting them both on the back.