Chapter 40

Leah flew into Kara's apartment, "You see all of them too right? Winn just got up and left the apartment while we were havi-"

"Ew." Kara lifted her hand up, "Don't finish that sentence." Kara was having such a good day, she was able to get Barry home and she kissed James.

"Where's Katie?"

Kara looked back to Katie's room, "She never left."

Leah stormed into her room, making Katie jump from her bed, "Why? I was sleeping."

"Whatever it is, it's not affecting her."

"What?" Katie got out of the bed, still in her Yoda pajamas, "What's going on?"

"Look outside."

Katie tilted her head, walking over to her window to see people walking in rows down the street, "What the..." She turned to them, "We need to get to the DEO."

"Yeah."

Katie had to pull her suit on before she jumped out of the window behind them. Her eyes fell down to all of the people, "Is this happening to everyone?"

"I think." Leah answers, "We just need to get to the DEO and hope they're not affected."

Katie landed inside, hearing that the containment doors were going to open, "Oh my God."

Leah turned around with Kara when they hear footsteps, Leah blew her freeze breath, "Early parole is canceled."

"I'm gonna try and deactivate the prisoner release," Katie called out, running to the computer. Kara flew forward into the woman, pushing her away. Leah ran up and round kicked her, but Maxima blocked it. She swung her fist up causing Leah to fly into the roof and drop back down on the rubble. Before Maxima could slam her heel on Leah's face, Kara swung her foot and flipped her on the table.

Maxima chuckles, "That tickles." She swung her legs around, making Kara fall, "We could have been family, Kara Zor-El. I once sought to make your cousin my mate."

"Ew. Gross." Leah side kicks her into the wall with all her strength, making Maxima drop to the floor.

Kara groaned when a kryptonite bullet pierced her skin, she grabbed Leah quickly, pulling her behind something. Katie jumped, hiding behind the desks, but it made it impossible for her to type. "Lucy! You have to fight it. You have to wake up!"

Katie got up in time to see Kara use her own ship to knock them out. Katie groaned, heating up the machine until it exploded under her hands.

"Containment override deactivated. Prisoner cell release canceled."

Leah ran over to Lucy, "Oh God..."

"Lucy, I am so sorry." Kara looked over at Katie, "We need to find Clark."

"Fortress of Solitude." Leah answers, "Guess you get to see it, Katie."

Katie flew behind them, landing inside, her feet was slightly melting the ground, "Well, ice wasn't the best idea for me." She breathed in and out until her powers calmed down and were able to walk without melting the floor.

"Kelex? Kelex, are you here?"

A small floating robot flew over, "How may I assist you, Lady Kara?"

"Where is Kal-El? We can't find him anywhere on Earth."

"Kal-El is attending to a matter off-world."

Leah sighs, "Kelex, we need you to tell us about Myriad."

"Warning. This construct is not authorized to discuss Myriad."