Chapter 26

Winn pulled up the files on his computer, "Jane Doe matching your height, weight, and coloring... She was taken in National City General about two years ago after a car accident. She's been in a coma ever since."

Kara crossed her arms over her chest, "Where is she now?"

"Good question. She was transferred to a private facility, a Prometheus Genetics." Katie tapped on the mouse pad, "Three guesses who owns it."

"Max Lord." Leah releases a long sigh.

"Bingo. Now here's the other thing that's pretty upsetting." Katie took off her glasses to clean, "Over the past few months, six more comatose Jane Does have been claimed by Prometheus."

"Seven girls?" Kara breathed out, shock written all over her face.

"I mean, maybe it's taken him seven tries to create the perfect doppelganger."

Leah pushed her hair back and away from her face, exhaling, "We need to send all of this to Alex and the DEO."

Katie nodded, "Already got that covered." She crossed her legs, turning in her chair to look at them, "She's already headed toward Max Lord's office."

"Alone?" Kara went to leave, but Katie stood up and stopped her.

"Yes, alone." Katie put a hand up, "If Supergirl shows up, do you think he'll actually talk? He hates you, he hates aliens."

"Then why didn't he make one of Leah?"

Leah gave her a small shrug, "Maybe he didn't get my DNA."

"How did he even get mine?"

Katie groaned, "From Red Tornado." She fumbled with her bracelet, "Alex gave him a piece that you blew off to track it."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

"He all but admitted it. He took all those girls. All seven. He made the Bizarro you."

Hank followed them, "Is that what we're calling it?"

"Another Catco trademark," Katie mumbled, her foot tapping against the floor.

Hank put his hands on his hips, "So, how do we stop her?"

"We arm our agents with Kryptonite darts and we take down this Bizarro the next time she shows her face."

Kara shook her head, not even coming anywhere near an agreement, "But she's not the villain here, she's the victim. It's Max we should be going after."

"You're acting as if she's a person and not an experiment. That's what she is, Kara, she's one of Max's deranged science projects."

Leah rolled her eyes, "So why don't we just arrest Max?"

"We're the DEO, we don't exist. And we certainly don't have the authority to arrest private citizens, especially not world-famous billionaires. Briefing the strike team in 10." Hank walked off, leaving the group of females alone.

"Kara, there's something I wanted to tell you, not in front of Hank. When I was with Max, he mentioned you."

Kara's features scrunched in confusion, "What? In what way?"

"Like, in a weird way, as if he knew we were related. I'm mean, there's no way he could, is there?" Katie paused when she heard this, she glanced at Leah before looking back at them.

"No. No. No way. No. He's just... He's trying to get into your head, he's trying to rattle you. That's what he does. Jerk."

Leah watched as Kara took out her phone, "What are you doing?"