Chapter 23

Leah sat in her mother's office, Winn had just left her to go do some filing downstairs. She was mainly waiting for Kara or Katie to show up, but neither have yet. She sighed, leaning her head further back into the chair. Her head moved up when she noticed movement in the room, "Who-Adam!"

"Leah, hey." Adam knelt down, giving the blonde a hug, "Is Cat here?"

"You can call her mother, you know." Leah mumbles, "But, she's in a meeting, she should be getting out shortly."

"Good..."

Leah stood up from her spot, using her super hearing to hear her mother and Kara coming, "I'll be right back, but it was really nice seeing you, Adam."

"It was nice seeing you too, Leah."

Leah walked out and gave her mother a look before she passed her and hid in the hall. She waited until she saw Adam pass by and leave. She walked back out, chasing behind Kara as her mother called her, "Kara, you didn't." Kara turned to Leah and gave her a worried look.

"What have you done?" Cat turned around to notice that her daughter was now in the room, but her attention was fully on Kara.

"Well, you've been writing a lot of letters but then throwing them away. And last week you threw one, I won't say at my head, but in my general direction. And I read it, saw it was for Adam, and maybe... I finished it for you." Leah had never heard her mother gasp that loud for a long time, she cringed and sat down, staring as they spoke with each other. "I know. I know this is really bad. I didn't think he would just show up."

"Who told you to think? You wrote to my son. Now, get out. You're fired."

"Mom!" Leah cried out.

"I was just trying to help you. You know my mom died. I don't get to have a second chance with her. I don't want that to happen to you and Adam."

"You crossed a line, Ker-rah. You don't know him. I don't even know him. I haven't seen him since he was a baby since his father whisked him across the country. I told you-"

Leah stood up, cutting her mother off, "You told me that losing Adam was the biggest mistake of your life."

"Ms. Grant, I've known you for a while now, and I don't think you were ever going to send that letter. And another year of you missing him would have gone by like that." Kara snaps her fingers in front of Cat's face, but regrets it instantly, "I'm sorry. Sometimes it's easier to face the past with a little help."

Cat sighs, sitting down and opening the letter, "What kind of sentimental crap did you write to him? Oh. Well, this isn't actually awful. He did come. He's here." Cat sighs, it dawning on her that he was actually there, "Oh, my God, he's here."

Kara smiles over at Leah, her attention back on Cat, "So, uh, should I make a dinner reservation, or am I fired?"

"Uh... Um. Make a reservation. And Ker-rah? I'm going to make your life hell."

Kara smiles brightly at Miss Grant, "It's worth it. Family always is."

Cat sighs, looking over at Leah, "How long have you known Adam was your brother?"

"For a few years." Leah admits, "I'd love to stay and chat mother, but you've got work. And I've got some Captain Marvel business to attend to."

"Show Crane who's boss."

"I will."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie stood next to Alex, wearing the same fake FBI outfits. Alex was scanning the perimeter, "Where were you last night?"