Chapter 18

Hey all please read whatever I write at the end as part of the authors note. I've asked you question and I am still waiting for your replies. Now go on read the chapter.. :) :)

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 18 

Vall POV 

I kept tapping my foot waiting for the elevator door to open. The lady standing next to me breathed "Impatient much" and I didn't care a bit. Leaving Daniel behind and running to the office is something someone in their craziest mind would do. But I had to.  

Once the door opened, I ran in not waiting for the people to come out. They kept snorting and grunting as I made my way in. This wasn't my normal behavior, but again I had to. Instead of pressing my usual 5, I pressed on 7. As the door closed, I noticed a girl wearing tight pencil skirt, holding laundry clothes in one had, star bucks coffee in the other speaking on her Bluetooth running towards the elevator. If it was someone else, may be I would have closed the door immediately, but then I had a soft corner for the personal assistants, the PA's. The humans who are pushed to the corner every now and then if they have arrogant bosses and this chick seemed to have one. She ran in, well actually she jumped in fearing the door would close and I bit my lip controlling my laughter. She moved forward and pressed 8.  

She looked at me, smiled and nodded. I followed her suit. Once the door opened at 7, I walked out searching for Toby. When walked into the cabin, I saw Toby sitting on his chair, with some chick on his lap. They were too involved to notice me coming in. I gasped loudly and Toby looked at me. Even though I wasn't in much contact with Toby, Stacey kept me updated about him. I smiled slightly embarrassed by the situation I caught him in. 

The girl on his lap, stood up, set her hair and walked out like nothing ever happened. On her way out, she gave me a wink and I laughed. Toby blushed, shaking his head.  

"Jeez, stop it, will you?" he said slightly angry. 

I looked at him and made my face serious. I had caught Toby in one his 'acts', that made me lose my serious look and I laughed harder holding my stomach. He shrugged his shoulders, crossing his arms. 

"Seriously? Of all, her?" I asked between my laughs. 

"What do you want Vall? I don't have much patience you know." Toby said still staring at me. Toby was someone who got angry easily but at the same time the anger never lasted long. 

"Oh, you mean you have patience only for that." I said giggling again. 

"Yea, whatever" Toby said rolling his eyes and walked towards me to give me a hug. 

"Eww, stay away. I don't know where all those hands have been. Don't, Toby, Do.." and before I could complete the sentence, Toby gave me bear hug. I wriggled for while but then I simply let him hug me, scrunching my face in the most un-lady like. 

"Now whose laughing" Toby said releasing me and bursting out loudly. I stood there fuming, making a mental note to take bath once I reach home. 

"So what brings you here?" Toby asked between his laughs. 

"Ahhhh" I said, not knowing how to start the talk. 

"Is it some guy, did he hurt you. Damn, Stacey said you found someone, I begged her for details but she said he was a mystery that even you never knew. Did you meet him again? Did he do anything? Did he hurt you?" Toby said not giving a break. 

I stared at him shock. First I wanted to kill Stacey. Knowing Stacey, I knew that she would have exaggerated as to how I met Daniel. A part of me felt guilty because I was the one who was supposed to tell Toby about Daniel and I was so involved in finding him in the last few days that I forgot about socializing.