Chapter 5

Niall's POV

It's been four days since Liam's heart was broken. And I still haven't gone to see him. I know you're probably thinking WTF MAN his girlfriend cheated and you didn't go see him?? What's wrong with you?? But the thing is....I'm scared. I want to go comfort him. I really do. But I dont know what to say to him. And what if he knows about why Danielle cheated? What if he hates me because of it? I don't want to loose Liam because of some stupid attraction I have to him. Zayn said he was gonna go see Liam but I told him no. I said I wanted to go see Liam first. But that was three days ago. Zayn texted me this morning saying that if I didn't go see Liam today, he was gonna go over. That was at like nine. It's been three hours since then. And I'm still trying to find some courage to go over to Liam's flat.

buzz buzz

I grabbed my iPhone from across the kitchen table. "Shit!" I said as my phone slipped out of my hand and dropped into the cereal I had been eating. I quickly fished it out and dried it on my shirt. Then I looked at the now cracked screen on my phone. Oh no. It was Zayn. I reluctantly opened the message from my band mate.

From: Zayn Malik  Received: 12:32 PM

YO NIALL did you go and see Liam yet??

I sighed and typed back No Zayn, I haven't... I hit the send button and in no time got a response from the older boy.

The Convo

Zayn: are you kidding me?

Niall: no I'm not..

Zayn: well if u dont get your Irish bum ovr 2 Liam's flat in the next 10 min I'm going ovr

Niall: NO DON'T I'll go

Zayn: finally and hurry because I'm worried about him Niall...

Niall: I am too....I'm getting changed now and I'll head over in like 10 min ok? Are you happy now??

Zayn: yes I am . Now go and txt me when u get there ttyl

Niall: bye

Well I guess I don't have a choice now do I? If I don't go now Zayn will. I sighed and slowly made my way up the stairs to my bedroom. I changed out of my PJ's and put on a pair of gray sweat pants with a white Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirt. Then I slipped on my favorite pair of white Nike high tops. I pulled my blue Jack Wills hoddie on, grabbed my phone and my car keys, and walked out to my car. I started the engine and drove two blocks to Liam's flat. Like I said before, we all have flats in the same general area, so really I could have walked there but....it's like a hike and a half...so I'll stick to driving. I pulled into Liam's driveway like five minutes later. I knocked on the front door and called Liam's name. No answer. "LIAM ANSWER THE DOOR. IT'S NIALL!" I called as i banged harder. Still no answer. It was a good thing I knew where Liam kept his spare house key. I pulled away one of the loose bricks that made up the front of the house and reached into the newly made hole in the wall. I pulled out a key, replaced the brick, and shoved the key into the lock. It opened instantly. I walked into the main hallway of the house. Straight ahead was the kitchen. A light was on and  "Someone Like You" by Adele was playing from Liam's radio. He was singing along and the sadness in his voice made my heart break.

I heard that you're settled down

That you found a boy and you're married now.

I heard that your dreams came true.

Guess he gave you things I didn't give to you.

Old friend, why are you so shy?

Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

His voice cracked at the last note but he kept going.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited

But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.

I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded

That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don't forget me, I beg

I remember you said,

"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"

You know how the time flies

Only yesterday was the time of our lives

We were born and raised

In a summer haze

Bound by the surprise of our glory days

By now he had tears running down his face and just from watching Liam, I was close to tears. But he kept singing.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited

But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.

I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded

That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don't forget me, I beg

I remember you said,

"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

His voice cracked again. Now he began to cry and tears were now running my face. I began to sing the song. Liam, who had been oblivious to my arrival, turned around and saw me for the first time.

Nothing compares

No worries or cares

Regrets and mistakes

They are memories made.

Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you

Don't forget me, I beg

I remember you said,

"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

Liam found his voice and sang the final chorus with me. Our voices blended together in perfect harmony, even though Liam's voice cracked every so often.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don't forget me, I beg

I remember you said,

"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,

Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

When the song ended, Liam looked away from me tears rolling down his face. Now I was taking in his whole appearance and what I saw infront of me was a horrible sight.

Cliff hanger right? ;) What did Niall see?? No one knows!! well I do...btu thats beside the point! lol hope you like! feedback and votes are appreciated and I try to fan back everyone who becomes a fan! much love and thanks for reading! xx