Chapter 14

Zayn's POV

I clicked off the tellie, stood up and stretched. Wow I'm lazy, I thought to myself. I had just finished an eighth hour long Glee marathon. I know sad right? But don't tell the other boys. I'd NEVER live it down...anyway, I headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge, pulling out a Coke. Ugh I'm so bored, I thought, and made up my mind to go over one of the other boys' house.

Lets see. Niall is out with Rachel right now, Lou is with El and Harry is....I don't even know. So that leaves Liam. I grabbed my jacket and slipped on some Nike high tops. Now I know you have been listening to most Niall's voice overs, you may be a little confused as to what our house sitch is. Ok we used to be in the sample apartment complex. Then we moved so we were like kinda far apart. then we all moved again. Now Liam has a flat a few houses down to the right of mine, Niall a few houses to the right of that and Harry and Lou sharing a flat across the road. And then Simon says we might have to move again soon.....ugh

Ok as I was saying, I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door towards Liam's flat. I walked up the front path to the door and knocked. But as my fist hit the door, it slowly swung open. Well that's odd.....Liam ALWAYS has his door locked....I pushed the door open and called into the seemly empty house.

"Helloooo? Li?" I called.

At first there was no response, but then I heard a loud bang from upstairs. I sprinted up the steps, the worst possible scenarios running through my head. What if someone broke in? What if they hurt Liam? What if he....oh god. I started to take two steps at a time. I had never let on to Liam or Niall, but I noticed the butterflies. I noticed how Liam started wearing a lot of long sleeved shirts. I noticed how Liam flinched when you touched his stomach. I noticed.

I made my way into the middle of the hallway.

"Liam? LIAM?" I call, becoming panicked when there was no response but then-

"In here." Called Liam's feeble voice. It was coming from his bathroom...

I sprinted into his room and then into the bathroom. On the floor I found Liam with a bloody towel covering his stomach.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD LIAM!" I scream as I run and fall to my knees next to him.

"Liam! LIAM! Stay awake please!" I shout. But it's no use. Liam's eyes begin to flutter shut as he sinks into unconsciousness. I pull my phone from my back pocket and dial 911. By now I'm sobbing. The line rings twice and then a woman picks up.

"Hello, 911. What's your emergency?" She asks calmly.

"Itsmyfriendhecuttodeepandidontkn-" the woman cut me off.

"Sweetie, I know your upset but you need to calm down. I need your name, your friends name and you address so I can help you ok?" She asks calmly.

"M-My names Zayn. Z-Zayn Malik. My friend is Liam Payne." I stutter out. I then began giving her the address, silent tears streaming down my face.

"Ok Zayn, help is on it's way. Now I need you to help my help Liam, ok? Do you think you could do that for me?" She asked gently. I nodded, but remembering she couldn't see me, I quickly responded with a simple "yes".

"Ok Zayn. Now I need you to get a clean towel and wet it. Rub the cuts with the cold water to clean the cuts out. Then get some ice and place it on them, to help try and stop the bleeding. Ok? You think you could do that?" She asked, still very calm and collected.

I told her I could and set out to do as she told me. I cleaned the cuts and got big bags of ice and placed them on Liam's stomach, all the while crying my eyes out.