Six (Drones)

You dress in a black skater skirt and white green day shirt, white and black trainers to match. You throw on a black hoodie, too.
"Bye mum!" you called out, heading through the door.

You had decided to go to the library- it wasn't a far walk, and you had no plans anyway. Finally leaving your street, you follow the main road into town. Surprisingly, there weren't many people around, considering it was a Sunday. You look up into the sky. A few, petit clouds were dotted around the zircon palette. And then you noticed a strange, black object flying around in the sky. You soon conclude that it is a drone, and continue on your way.

You pass through an alleyway and notice that this drone is still above you. Slightly concerned, you quicken your pace. Turning out of the alley, the library finally sinks into your sight.

Running, you stop outside the door and look up. The drone is circling you now.

In a panic, you gently flick your wrist, provoking a F/C aura to blossom around the object. You then subtly jerk your hand down into your hoodie pocket, violently pulling the drone down. It crashes at your feet.

You pick it up and examine it. On each side, three letters are engraved into its jet black metal.
"PMA." you read out to yourself. And then you realise.

The Psychic Mafia Association.

.•»«•.

Maybe visiting the library was a bad idea.

Your grip on the drone tightens, and you sprint away from the library. Your feet take you to the local park. Running into the trees, you finally stop. You sink down onto the ground, your back resting against a wide tree. You run your hand along the beaten up drone, feeling the parts where the air pressure had shifted to crush it. A sigh escaped your purses lips, triggering a hurricane of questions to bombard your brain.

Why were they following me?

A sudden shift in the bushes above alarms you, causing you to jump up. The drone falls to your feet.

"Y/N! I-I'm sorry. I s-saw you ru-running and I wondered if something was wro-ong". Mob shifted his feet awkwardly. You looked up, your eyes meeting his.
"So you're part of them?" you ask, picking up the drone.
"T-the what?"
"PMA. Psychic Mafia Association. I believe they were the guys you were with the other night."
His eyes widened. "O-oh, no. I was w-walking home and th-they were following me."
You nodded your head slowly. "This little drone appeared to be following me."
"O-oh."

Awkward silence.

"So y-you destroyed it?" he asked curiously, walking over to where you stood.
"Yeah."
"C-cool."

Awkward silence.

"I was thinking about taking it apart. But I don't know anything about technology."
"N-neither do I."

Awkward silence.

You look up, checking if there were any more. Unfortunately, there was. Another small drone was circling you and Mob.

At the same time, your hands jerked downwards, bringing the drone down to the ground. It destroyed on impact due to the sheer power of you two. Sparks flew, and out of the metal rubble was a note.

"4, 15, 14, 20, 20, 18, 21, 19, 20, 8, 5, 18."
"M-maybe it's someone's number?"
"Too long to be a number."

You sit in silence, trying to figure it out. Sighing, you put the piece of paper in your hoodie pocket.
"I'm gonna head home." you say, turning away from Mob.
"Y/N!" yelps Mob.
"Yes?"
"L-let me walk you home."
You give him a weird look. "I'll be okay."
"N-no! It's only polite. A-and there might me more drones or the PMA."
You sigh once more.
"Sure".

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* time skip *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You arrive to your house with Mob, finally breaking away from the small, awkward conversations.
"Thanks Mob."
"It's o-okay."

You open your front gate and begin to walk up your drive when-
"W-would you like to meet up again, Y/N?" asks Mob suddenly.

You feel a blush rising to your cheeks, so you turn away.

"Yes. I would."

You can hear Mob walking towards you.
"S-shall I give you my number?"
You turn around, hoping your blush had disappeared.
"S-sure."

You exchange numbers and finally head inside.
You walk into the living room. Looking out the window, you see Mob.

Heading into the house opposite you.

Wait a minute.

You're neighbours??

I'm back after two months! This is kinda a filler for next chapter :)

Please, please vote and show your support! It helps motivate me and shares my work!