Nine (45)

Agent: 45
Status: Active
Progress: 40%
Day: Three

His hands brushed the holograph, fingers wrinkled by combat tracing the delicate blue lines of pathways. Cracked lips chewed the butt of a cigarette, ash and soot lining the cracks of his teeth. The map hologram twisted, scrunching itself up into its illusion of paper, mirroring how the corners of his mouth suddenly crunched up into a frown. His slender hands curled into fists, fingernails lining the dents in his palm.

"Progress is not quick enough. The boy is only getting stronger"

His voice was smooth and calm, a monotone calling. The air shifted in response, before releasing a small, female form. Wisps of blue swirls twisted around her body, allowing her body to transition from invisible to visible.

"Like I've already said, we should just capture the boy" she suggested in a purr.

The man's frustrations seeped through his upset expression.
"You think we didn't fucking try? You saw the power he contains. We lost 3 mafiosos to that fucker. 45 is our only chance"

A chuckle escaped between the blue-lipstick covered folds of the woman's mouth. "Excuse your french, Fender. I'm confident me and a few Highers can handle him. I saw him in action. It doesn't take much to knock him out for a little bit"
"A little bit isn't enough" he snapped back, spitting out the chewed up cigarette onto the white floor.
"We can make it enough"
Fender didn't answer.

.•...•.

"I'm so excited for break!" exclaimed Kaori through the low quality audio of your phone.
"Me too" you said through a smile, although it could not be seen.
"What shall we do? We need to make plans!" sang Kaori in her usual cheery tone.

Kaori was always eager to socialise. She brought a bright balance to your introverted life. She was always so keen to bring you out of your shell and help you try new things- like piano for instance. You really don't know where you would be without her in your life.

"Okay! I'll ask my parents tomorrow! Goodbye, Y/N!"
"Bye, Kaori!"

The call ended. You sat up and walked downstairs.
"Hey, mum, when will dad be back from his business stuff?" You asked, not for the first time this past year.
"Uh, I'm not really sure sweetheart. I'm sorry" replied your mother, not turning away from the sink where she was washing the dishes.
"Oh. Ok" you grumbled, before trotting back downstairs.
Your father had never played much of a role in your life. He was always busy with his company, which was good because he supported you and your mother very well financially, but you never got to spend time with him. Everyday his appearance is fainter in your memory.

You almost hate him for it.

Flopping onto your bed, you pull your phone out of your pocket. You let your mind wonder as you pointlessly scroll through Instagram, your eyes glancing over dead memes and the filtered selfies of your classmates. Boredom was already seeping in and it was only the first day of break.

Maybe you should call Mob?

He wouldn't be busy, right?

It's Mob, after all.

...

You open your contacts and look for his name. As you go to press the call button, you hesitate.

Huh?

What's wrong with you?

Why can't you just call him?

Do you feel... nervous?

You turn your phone off and throw it onto your bed. You're not nervous! Why would you be too shy to talk to Mob of all people? He's not intimidating at all! He's just shy and kind and cute-

Huh? Did you just call Mob cute?

You decided you would call him tomorrow, instead.

.•...•.

AUTHOR IS BACK! AUTHOR IS BACK!

im sorry this is a shit chapter to return with, but i need to figure out where this story is going!!

i can't remember any ideas for the plot as i came up with this like,, 2 years ago.
thank you for the support lovelies!!
-floss🐸