Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The sight, a room full of blood thirsty leeches looking straight at me. Not a sound to be heard, an unatural silence filled the room...it was terrible. I may not remember much but last time i even heard the word Kindred i wanted to hide and seek cover in fear that i might become a next meal, and now...here i am, amongst them all. The crowd that starred back at me all had those glowing eyes, one second they would be a serene calm natural color, like brown or blue and then they would flash a quick and deep red. Enough to send chills down my spine. 

"Ah, welcome young one! So you have finally come to join us." let out Lumar from behind all. He looked at me with great promise. "So, you have seen what has just happened. Tell me, how was the show?"

"Well...actually, i uhh"

"Lumar!!! Cut it out! how could you meddle and tinker with the fragile boy?! He's nothing but a fledgling." Madame Loui looked at me in a very different form. She no longer seemed like a cruel and sinical witch. Her eyes were full of compassion and sympathy, its almost as if she completly changed persona. "Come boy, stand before us." Hessitantly i started forward. I slid past the door and let it close behind me. It was a narrow gap of walking space from where i stood, past the stage, and to the chairs in the back. I began walking, with each step i looked at a different face in the crowd. Some had scars, others were very child like and seem to bounce with youthful energy. As i marched down i could see that they were somehow devided, Some wore garments of a certain color and even still some of them had that weird thing on their backs, just as Dane had. The room was very dim, the only sources of light seemed to be overhead. Candles burning, giving off faint glows. This lighting only made the Kindred in the room appear even more hostile. 

I finally got up to where the stage was. It was one of the only well lit areas of the whole room. Their was a small section of steps leading to the top. It was round and the floor was made out of some granite like material, It was smooth and made a light tap sound with every step you took. Once i reached the center of the stage i noticed how warm it was. I looked down to see that the fissures had not completly closed up and the heat they were releasing was insane, just being up here after all is done made me realize how awful that poor boy....uhh...Renault, yes him, must of have felt. I continued and paid it no mind. as i got to the other end of the stage i heard a voice infront of me shout: "Hurry up! We dont have all day!" It was the Madame. I ran down the steps and onto the small elevated platform where the seats were.

"Well, atleast we know you still have some sense left in that brain. My name is Madame Loui, i am the head vampire tutor here at Sundown Castle and its my job to educate all our future Kindred warriors. This fine sir next to me is-"

"I am Lumar!" The man said wittingling. "I am headmaster of the Assassins in this school and it is my job to train and endorse their full potential. We are the Best the Kindred have to offer young sir"

"The Best?! I beg to differ Lumie! Obviously you lack to see that the vampire is the true prestiege of the Kindreds at Sundown Castle. Just take your little stalkers elsewhere we have no need for them." She looked away from him and now full eyes were on me. "Well, well, well! who is this protegy? This boy seems to have true potential."

"Hands off Loui, he is mine. I have already looked into this matter with the count and -"

"The Count?! and what power does he have over the selection process old man? Do you forget who just won the last match? And since we, the vampire, hold supremecy im afraid im going to have to claim him for myself." With this she let out a sinister smile in the direction of Lumar. His face was now a couldron of anger. He clenched his fist and tensed up.

"Oh what sweety? You wouldnt dare raise a finger on me now would you Lumie. You know how i get when im angered so i suggest you keep it toned down, less i force you myself." 

In a rage Lumar gave her one last glare before vanishing into another cloud of smoke. It was as though he commanded the shadows at his own free will and they covered him on request.

"Umm, Madame...can i-"

"Hush darling, these clowns have kept you in the dark for too long. Ill take you to my quarters and further explain what and who you are."

With this she approached me. She slid her hands onto my cheeks and put her face very close to mine. The features on her face were now more closely defined but most striking of all were the glowing eyes. I shouldnt of have looked into them as the second i did i felt my whole body go numb and myself collapse to the floor.