Chapter 2

" You want something honey? I'm going shopping, the neighbors will come over for dinner tonight." asks Ruby

"Soya milk." Jade replied dumbfounded, she remembered about the neighbors.

Its not that she doesn't like them but because she figured out that, they'd be asking questions about her, and she'd be shy, nervous, embarrased, etc.

" Got that, oh and honey, help me cook later okay?" Ruby asked her daughter with pleading eyes.

" Huh, ah yeah." Jade was brought out from her thoughts and waved her mom a good bye.

After shopping, her mom started preparing for dinner while Jade helps her.

" How's the salad?" Ruby, looks at her daughter, examining what her reaction would be.

" Perfect" Jade replied with food on her mouth.

Ruby was relieved, she was very excited to meet her neighbors and nothing would ruin this dinner, she thought.

She needed everything to be perfect and she wanted to have a good first impression among her neighbors.

" Good, now honey, do me a favor and take a bath, oh and look for a nice dress alright?" Ruby fixed her gaze on Jade waiting for an answer.

" Okay." Jade nodded.

" Haha!! We smell like sweaty mamas." Ruby giggled and so do Jade.

Jade went upstairs and looked for a casual dress. She found a light blue dress with little white dassies on it then she went to her bathroom and took a hot shower.

While the water hits her skin, she couldn't help but worry.

God... uhmm.. help me, I don't want to be awkward anymore, I don't want to be the weirdo, shy kid that lives next door. I'm not asking to be a majestic unicorn, just a simple, well- mannered potato with enough amount of confidence would be great... well if you can turn me into a majestic unicorn, then that would be great too.

" Uhuhuhu...." Jade groaned in the shower, quietly dying and flying her arms everywhere like a child.

After a while, Jade finished and was now drying her hair. Finally a knock could be heard downstairs and she froze.

She stood up and paced inside her room. She was nervous and debated if she should wear her mask on but she thought of how special this night was for her mom.

Jade didn't want their neighbors to think that her mom is a reckless woman that lets her daughter get sick.

*knock

Ruby flattened out her skirt, making sure there were no creases on them and took a breath before opening the door. There stood a young couple who seemed to be in their late twenties and a child.

" Oh hello! " Ruby excitedly welcomed the neighbors.

" You have a very beautiful house Ruby." The woman smiled genuinely and gave Ruby a beso and Ruby giving the man a handshake.

" Thank you, all that's left are pictures on the walls isn't it?" Ruby asked.

" Oh yes." The woman agreed.

" Hold on. Jade come down, the neighbors are here." Ruby called for her daughter excitedly and a few moments later, Jade came down the stairs, with her light blue dress and flats, wearing her long hair down.

" You're daughter's very pretty " The couple said and admired Jade.

" Thank you." Ruby replied, feeling proud of her daughter and Jade smiling shyly.