Chapter 8

" Do you have everything? " Kevin asks on the other line.

" Yeah?" Jade answers back unsure while her phone sits on her bed in loud speaker.

" Bring tampons just in case!" Kevin reminds her.

" Kevin!" Jade shouts, embarrassed.

" What? We never know. You might stand up from your seat and then---"

" Okay, okay, I'll bring them." Jade laughs and cuts him off.

Kevin and Jade had been talking for hours now, through the phone and he had been helping her pack her things since then.

" Bring extra masks!" He reminds her again.

" Done!" She replied and laughed to herself. He reminded her of her mom but unfortunately, her mom wouldn't be home till 12 am. So it was Kevin who took up the role.

" Sleep early, the call time tomorrow is f*kin early." Kevin accidentally cusses out in frustration. He didn't like having to wake up at 2 in the morning but he also don't want to miss the field trip does he?

Jade's eyebrows rose slightly, a bit surprised with Kevin's cuss.

" Yes Dad." She says mocking him.

" Eww, that's weird. " Kevin replied.

" What?" Jade asks confused.

" Nothing... " Kevin chuckles at the other line.

The'y would be travelling at dawn because the ride would be a 6 hour trip through bus. Eventually, there would be stop overs so that they could eat or use the comfort room or something.

Jade couldn't possibly sleep, she was very excited and at the same time nervous for tomorrow. She often felt nervous or shy but this nervousness is different. It was like feeling good at being nervous?..... if you haven't noticed yet, I'm bad at explaining things so.. it's very normal for all of you to get confused.

She's currently looking at the ceiling while she lays on her bed, making up scenarios in her head about the coming field trip.

She thought of Kevin and how nice and considerate he was, she stopped thinking about the field trip for a while and just stared at the ceiling, after a few moments, she could feel some tingling sensations on her stomach and as soon as she felt this, she stood up and shook her body, like she was brushing something off of her. She was unaware of the light blush on her cheek.

" No, no, nope!" She breathe slowly then released calming herself down.
.....
.
.
.
.

*ring, ring, ring, ring.

" hello?" Jade's husky morning voice answered the call.

" ooohh, sexy. Rise and Shine Ms husky voice!!" Kevin shouts at the phone which caused Jade to flutter her eyes open.

" What time is it?!" She asks panicking.

" Relax, it's just 2:15 am, which means you have less than 15 minutes to prepare cause we leave at 2:30." Kevin says casually.

" What?" She says, though she heard what he said, she couldn't believe the time.

" Yep."

She quickly grabbed her towel and went to the bathroom, in there, she did everything at once; she brushed her teeth while the shampoo works on her hair and applied bath soap.

When she was done, she wore the clothes she had prepared the night before which consisted of, a hoodie and some comfy pants.

She proceeded downstairs and left a note on the kitchen for her mom to read.