Chapter 7

" The field trip will be on Thursday, this week. Have you let your parents sign the waivers?" The teacher asks.

" I don't want anyone risking theirselves, if you're parents says no then no. They're just probably thinking about you." He added.

Kevin and Jade was seated on the middle and brought out their own waivers.

" You going....... right?" Kevin asked uncertain.

" Yeah..." Jade looks at him with happy and glowing eyes as she nodded eagerly, if it weren't for her mask, her smile would be seen reaching up her eyes.

Kevin smiles at her brightly and shows her his signed waiver.

" You're sister signed this?" Jade asks wondering about Kevin's parents.

" Yeah!!" Kevin excitedly says but then notices Jade's wondering state and he understood what she meant.

" My parents are currently away so... I had to ask Jen." He says casually. He was used to his parents going away for a business trip because they were barely there ever since he was a kid.

Jade nodded and brushed it off when she didn't see any hint of sadness in his voice.

After they've passed their waiver, they face each other excitedly and wiggle on their seats.

Jade couldn't understand how Kevin could make her do things that she was embarrassed off before, like wiggling in excitement, being a ninja, a soldier, etc.

She kinda knew that it was her natural nature to be crazy but she just changed all of a sudden when things happened back in their old house.

" Whatchu thinki'n?" Kevin asks bringing her out of her thoughts.

" Nothing... just excited!" Her smile went back.

Kevin had gone to that museum before when he was 11 and it amazed him, he told his self that he would return one day and finally this day came and he couldn't be more happy.

" For the rooms of the hotel, I've already prepared the lists of who will be roommates." The teacher says and hearing this, Jade's smile fell and was replaced by a blank, disappointed look.

Ofcourse, she couldn't probably stay with Kevin through out the whole field trip, at some point, she would have to be separated from him, specially in the hotel rooms.

The lists will be posted on the bulletin board later and it got Jade thinking. If she were to be in a room with strangers, she had to wash, change, and sleep but most importantly, she couldn't do all those without taking her mask off. Eventually, her supposed roommates will have to see her face.

Being roommates with teenage girls would be like a slumber party, and no one sleeps first.... ever. You'll just have to wake up with markers all over your face.

The bell finally rings and everyone moves out of the classroom.

" Let's check our names." Kevin grabs Jade and fits in the crowd who also wanted to look at the lists.

" Yeah...." she trails off.

She and Kevin started looking for their names, Kevin immediately finds his at the right corner, where the boy's names were. Luckily, his roommates weren't all that bad but still, he worried for Jade.

Apparently, he is her only friend and he'd made this assumption because he had never seen anyone getting close to her or her with anyone other than him.

He started looking for Jade's name secretly while Jade do the same.

He finds her name first but he doesn't tell her, he scans the names on the list that would eventually be Jade's roommates.