Chapter 5

Jade and Kevin sits in history class as they give all their undivided attention towards the projector where they watch a documentary about ' The Virgin Queen'.

If there's one thing in common about Kevin and Jade, it would be their love for history. They love to learn about the past, they like to think that past helped shaped the world they live in today.

Learning about the history of great people is like learning how revolutionary ideas were developed and how the minds of ancient people worked.

When the documentary had ended, both Kevin and Jade fell silent, they were having thoughts of their own. Finally, the teacher spoke and it broke the 'paced out' look on their faces.

" Now, I've proposed a field trip to the principal, and fortunately, she was more than glad to let us go to the museum but.... we have yet to schedule it, because the field trip would be a 2 days 1 night trip, we will need your parents or your guardians cooperation to make this happen. A hotel owned by the president of the school would gladly accommodate each and every student who would pay this certain amount...."

The class cheered, excited for the upcoming fieldtrip. Jade would be very happy to go because she wanted to see and learn about the past life of the virgin queen and that museum contains every bit of what she wanted to learn but she didn't know if she could handle the trip alone.

" So... for your first project.... Pair up with anyone, and write a journal about your field trip and an essay regarding the significance or importance of learning about the life of the Virgin queen and finally, an individual reflection. "

The class groaned but Jade did not understand their distaste in making the project, for her it would be a piece of cake.

Kevin on the other hand looked at Jade, he did not say anything but his eyes told Jade that he wanted to pair up with her and Jade understood it.

They both gave ' that look ' with each other and smiled like an idiot but only Kevin's smile could be seen.

" So.. you sure you're going to come?" Asked Kevin.

" If I have you, then definitely." Jade replied, relieved that she didn't have to worry about being alone in the trip.

However, Jade's words didn't come out as she intended it to be, it almost sounded like, she would love Kevin's company and was having a crush on him, which she didn't.

" Are you trying to flirt with me Ms Jade?" Teased Kevin.

Jade realized what she said and laughed it off.

" I mean, if you're going then, I would too cause you know.... I don't think I could handle myself that well." Jade replied shyly.

" yieeee!! Ofcourse I would, I'm just messing with you and besides, who wouldn't want to see the queen's museum? And if we're going to be partners we would really need to go together right?" Kevin assured her.

" Yes sir!" Jade giggled.

The class finished and they head off to lunch.

" So, what's it like to have a field trip here?" Asked Jade.

" Just the normal. " Kevin replied while pulling Jade into the crowded hallways.

" Where are we going?" Asked Jade, struggling to walk pass the sea of students while Kevin holds her tightly.

" My secret place. " Kevin replied, struggling as much as Jade but he does not let go of her hand, he thought that if he were to let go, she would fall and get stepped on.

Finally, they reach an empty hallway and make their way into the stairs which led to the rooftop.

After climbing a couple of stairs, Kevin opened the door of the rooftop, with Jade panting behind him. He waits for her and together they enter the rooftop.